Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2016 11:06:27 AM EDT
http://bhtcorps.com

We are thinking about opening a new two day course and doing something unique.  

With the popularity of the Tavor, X95, RDB, AUG and other bullpup guns out there, we are considering starting up a bullpup specific course.   This wouldn't be AR type stuff done with a different gun.  Much like our Kalashnikov course we focus a lot on the specifics, so we would press drills that exploit the advantages of a bullpup.  

Alternatively, there are guns like the MPX, CZ EVO, MP5 type guns, 9mm AR's and others out there in pistol calibers that never get a chance to come out and play hard.  This would be traditional SMG CQB work.  

Just wanted to ask which of these you think would be the more popular of the two.  

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
http://bhtcorps.com

We are thinking about opening a new two day course and doing something unique.  

With the popularity of the Tavor, X95, RDB, AUG and other bullpup guns out there, we are considering starting up a bullpup specific course.   This wouldn't be AR type stuff done with a different gun.  Much like our Kalashnikov course we focus a lot on the specifics, so we would press drills that exploit the advantages of a bullpup.  

Alternatively, there are guns like the MPX, CZ EVO, MP5 type guns, 9mm AR's and others out there in pistol calibers that never get a chance to come out and play hard.  This would be traditional SMG CQB work.  

Just wanted to ask which of these you think would be the more popular of the two.  

View Quote

Sounds like an awesome idea, personally I think the PDW or pistol caliber carbines would be a more popular class. Tons of people around here are running the Scorpion Evo now, and a bunch of AR9 type weapons.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my bullpups, but the manual of arms for my PS90 is completely different than the Tavor.  each bullpup is rather a unique beast and I'm not sure how you work on manual of arms in a group setting with such a diverse group of weapons.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd figure you'd have more response to a PCC course.  I've seen far more of them around than bullpups.  And with the proliferation of PCCs in the likes of USPSA and IDPA I think we'll be seeing more of them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeepinbanditrider:
I'd figure you'd have more response to a PCC course.  I've seen far more of them around than bullpups.  And with the proliferation of PCCs in the likes of USPSA and IDPA I think we'll be seeing more of them.
View Quote

That's the direction we went, and it was a blast.  Pun intended.

Here was a run of the hostile checkpoint drill.  

The driver has a pistol and engages any target with white on it while remaining by the driver's seat so he can operate the vehicle if needed.

The PCC shooter bails out, uses local cover and goes after any target with black on it (they overlap).  

We ran this on small, mostly head sized targets to reinforce accuracy demand.  

BHTC PCC Class Check Point Drill
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 5:06:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fargo007:

That's the direction we went, and it was a blast.  Pun intended.

Here was a run of the hostile checkpoint drill.  

The driver has a pistol and engages any target with white on it while remaining by the driver's seat so he can operate the vehicle if needed.

The PCC shooter bails out, uses local cover and goes after any target with black on it (they overlap).  

We ran this on small, mostly head sized targets to reinforce accuracy demand.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxvZWwKzUgM
View Quote

Sounds like a good time, i'm really falling in love with my MPX and I think you made the right call.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That's the one gun I really wished was represented in the class but wasn't.  

I bet you would have enjoyed the course.

Here's an AAR from a student.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rih0Xew8d42RPNnRusvclV-ekom_5rP07Q8q-KTnFAg/edit
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:10:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Wish I was closer, id love to take a course with you guys in the vehicle/PDW realm. The AAR sounds like a lot was learned.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 10:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bryceerron] [#8]
I would say that Pistol caliber carbine probably would be more popular. But the difference in operation between bullpup specific weapons and other more common systems would make that course more desirable because so few classes teach bullpup specific courses....

Having said that Im not sure why you would offer a course that has built in restrictions that would severely limit the demographic that could attend that class.
Other then fundamental procedures such as loading the rifle and basic remedial action drills, the actual principals of how to move with and use the weapon to effectively put rounds on target should be the same with any rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top