Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2016 10:37:53 AM EDT
Well, like the title says, I should have known better......

I set my personal AR15 up with an Ambi Billet lower and safety (I'm a lefty) and then when running the issued platform.....well lets just say for the first 30 minutes I was fumbling, especially with engaging/disengaging the safety.....Been playing too much with my personal.....Looks like I may be selling my Ambi lower for a boring Forged platform

It is amazing, even though you KNOW better, how fast training/muscle memory/sub conscious comes into play and just -reacts- to your task at hand, when you literally don't have time to think about something as simple as a safety switch or mag release due to your focus on whats down range....AND possible threats around you that have not yet presented themselves.

It works people...No reason having a fancy carbine set up at home if you're using one at work that your life depends on as well......keep the controls the SAME
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I set my personal AR15 up with an Ambi Billet lower and safety (I'm a lefty) and then when running the issued platform.....well lets just say for the first 30 minutes I was fumbling, especially with engaging/disengaging the safety.....Been playing too much with my personal.....Looks like I may be selling my Ambi lower for a boring Forged platform

It is amazing, even though you KNOW better, how fast training/muscle memory/sub conscious comes into play and just -reacts- to your task at hand, when you literally don't have time to think about something as simple as a safety switch or mag release due to your focus on whats down range....AND possible threats around you that have not yet presented themselves.

It works people...No reason having a fancy carbine set up at home if you're using one at work that your life depends on as well......keep the controls the SAME
View Quote

Good lesson.  Keep in mind this can work for you and not just against you.  I started adding in final steps into my drills- not the "scan the area" bullshit, but a simple reload.  Every time my bolt locks to the rear, I do an speed reload and bring the weapon on target, even if the drill is over.  It's funny how much things like that help speed you up and minimize the fumbling.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 7:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Good lesson.  Keep in mind this can work for you and not just against you.  I started adding in final steps into my drills- not the "scan the area" bullshit, but a simple reload.  Every time my bolt locks to the rear, I do an speed reload and bring the weapon on target, even if the drill is over.  It's funny how much things like that help speed you up and minimize the fumbling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's so blatantly obvious once you're stuck in that position where your concentration and focus is off your "fine motor skill tasks" enough so that I am switching my rifle back to a basic non ambi lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top