User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:

The question here, is how does the OP fight?

Most dudes wanting to defend their home won't be fighting in kit.

There is almost zero advantage to training in a PC unless you:

a) Just want to, because it's cool (which is perfectly acceptable, of course)
b) Plan to fight in a PC

View Quote

I think it's feasible to keep a plate carrier by your bed and quickly throw it on if you hear a window breaking in the night.

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
am i the only one who thinks that going to an informal fudd range where most dont have any clue of safety is in and of itself reason a plenty to weat plates for protection against likely negligence of other shooters? seems to me the very most likely practical use most civilians would have for owning plates in the first place, although after hunting on public lands for years have often considered it for opening deer season as well. everythings not necessarily about zombies and tacticool.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
am i the only one who thinks that going to an informal fudd range where most dont have any clue of safety is in and of itself reason a plenty to weat plates for protection against likely negligence of other shooters? seems to me the very most likely practical use most civilians would have for owning plates in the first place, although after hunting on public lands for years have often considered it for opening deer season as well. everythings not necessarily about zombies and tacticool.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#5]
depends on what im training for. Ill preface with i shoot in the desert with nobody around.

If im "tactical rifle" training AKA barricades and reloads from concealment, shit like that then yes, battle belt and plate carrier since if im rolling tacticool ill have it all on.

If im training for comp shooting/EDC then no, just my comp shooting belt or IWB holster and reload where i actually keep it, i love when people carry IWB but on train OWB or carry a pocket mag but train in mag holsters..

If im doing cardio shoot training then depends on how i feel. I have bene trying to get into better shape so been doing alot more cardio drills and may pickup ar500 plates for my backup carrier just for the extra weight. But basically doing drills with much more running IE 25 50 75 and 100 yard cones, start at target sprint to 25 turn engage sprint to 50 etc. or a 10 (pistol) 20 (rifle) yard gap between cones in a square. targets 15 yards+ off the front of the square, sprint around the square engaging target with 1 round at each square until my legs say im too fat to deal with the BS. usually download mags and work reloads as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top