Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2014 4:20:58 PM EDT
As a NRA Firearms instructor and range safety officer I'm an experience shooter and have put plenty of rounds down range while standing stationary in a shooting lane.

I am looking for some tactical training allowing me to move and shoot also I would like an opportunity to get more comfortable with my M16 (full auto and suppressed) and how to shoot properly wearing an armor carrier, helmet, etc...

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken the course.
Was it worth the money? I dont want to spend $1,000+ to have someone show me how to load and clean a rifle.

I read the description on their website and "Tactical Rifle I" seems pretty basic, i feel like i could jump right into "Tactical Rifle II"

http://tdiohio.com/home_page/

Also, if anyone knows of any other good courses in the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana area that would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I've taken level 1,2&3 rifle and pistol. Most instructors are former Leo and/or mil. Level 1 is classroom plus basics. Level 2 is lots of shooting. Shoot on the move, use of cover, etc. Level 3 is house clearing, live fire shoot house. Good classes, I learned a lot.

Take the three day class. While day 1 is pretty basic it will give you time to get familiar with them and the way they do things. It sets you up to learn faster later.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 7:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife and I have taken Tac Rifle 1,2, and 3.  They will teach you what you want to know. About the only time that you will be shooting like you are used to is when everyone is sighting their rifle in. Now this should be confirming the gun is sighted in but for some it is the first.

Far as that goes we have taken around 90% of the courses that they offer and have learned a lot every time we went. We are taking Partners course for the second time this summer.  Great staff, great time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Took Tactical Rifle I 15 or so years ago, great class. Have never been back to take the 2nd one but have taken both Precision Rifles classes there, all the pistol classes, CQPC, Ground fighting, Extreme CQB, etc. Haven't been there since 05'ish but John was constantly putting money back into the facility in the years I went up there. That's a mark of a good school in my book- putting money back into the facility and constantly improving it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Where in Ohio are you? Lots of good stuff going on at ARO Group in Deerfield. Frank Proctor is coming there in August, Pat McNamara was there a month ago and Waypoint Shooting School hosts classes there on a regular basis.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Execellent courses.  A lot of fun.  I took Tactical Carbine I, II and III.   In my Tactical Cabine III class, we did Saturday night shoot obstacle course in torrential downpour with weapon lights,  It SUCKED. at the time but a lot of fun talking about  it after.
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in southwestern Ohio and was wondering he same thing about TDI. Of course looking at their class schedules, it appears that 2016 is full for rifle. Are there any other options here? OP, did you come across anything else in your searches?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top