Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 1:48:16 PM EDT
looking to pick up a few silho targets..I wan't something durable, but don't want to give an arm and a leg. What steel are you guys shooting?

Right now I'm looking into CIT-TAC targets and TacStrike..any thoughts on either of these two?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one from Tactical Target Solutions. Like it so far. They're in Fulton, OH so it's like buying local for me. www.tactargets.com.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought one from Tactical Target Solutions. Like it so far. They're in Fulton, OH so it's like buying local for me. www.tactargets.com.
View Quote
which one did you buy?

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]
AR500 Targets is very high quality and has some really nice designs.  I have many of his targets and have met him in person.  Great guy, company and product.

Link
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

AR500 Targets is very high quality and has some really nice designs.  I have many of his targets and have met him in person.  Great guy, company and product.

Link
View Quote
looks that way. I'm a little confused about the mounting options though.

If I pick up a silho and add the optional post kit, do I also have to order the crossbar and hooks, or are those included with the post kit?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought a 1/4 and 2/3 size IPSC from thetargetman.com

Seemed to have good prices that included shipping.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Tac strike....nuff said
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Find a local steel company and contact them about drops in the sizes you're looking for.

With some patience and regular calls you can get AR500 plates in various sizes for half the price of [targetcompanynamehere], or less.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 9:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Find a local steel company and contact them about drops in the sizes you're looking for.

With some patience and regular calls you can get AR500 plates in various sizes for half the price of [targetcompanynamehere], or less.
View Quote
I ended up buying 1 sihlouette from cit-tac. I like the simple mounting option and that it can be turned around. Shipping was high though so I probably won't do that again.

Having said that, my buddy let me know there is a place near me that sells 12"x12" plates from old humvees at scrap prices. They already have holes drilled in them to use as hangers and I think he said they're $20 each.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tac strike....nuff said
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tac strike....nuff said
View Quote

Will their targets stand up to 25 yard rifle rounds? I am looking for some quality steel for le training that can handle closer distance rifle rounds without having to use frangable. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Fuck yeah they will, at a class a few years ago we shot one with green tip at 20-30 yards all day, with not too much denting. And lit into one with an M60 machine gun at 50 yards with about 100 rounds full auto like a boss and it took it no issues. The steel has got to be tougher than AR500 because it'll shrug off green tip. The only thing rob cautioned was shooting it with 50BMG or .338 LPM at less than 100 yards.

Eta just be careful as you'll get frag back at you under 40 yards with a rifle
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
TacStrike
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#13]
MGM...  Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I've had good luck with Arntzen and their target stands are SUPERIOR to just about anything else I've ever seen. Much easier to pack in and out of informal ranges where I do most of my shooting and no damn chains or straps to break, get shot or otherwise mess with......
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Woah. They're located in my hometown. Also, their phone number is pretty cool.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:45:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've had good luck with Arntzen and their target stands are SUPERIOR to just about anything else I've ever seen. Much easier to pack in and out of informal ranges where I do most of my shooting and no damn chains or straps to break, get shot or otherwise mess with......
View Quote

+1 on Arntzen.

15 or so years on several IPSC full size, halves and poppers. The IPSC's have been shot with most everything at 2 yards to 587 yards. Easily about 10K rounds per year have hit these targets never had a failure of them.

The BASES for the poppers have taken some abuse and need some repairs, but the plates themselves are fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:13:44 PM EDT
[#17]
All my current targets I use in my training school came from JC Steel Targets. I highly recommend their quality and the money supports a good cause.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I have bought several from the targetman and they are great plus free shipping. Check there sales and deals can usually get something extra like a shirt or something.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Hmm mm most of yall have these ar500 target shops close to home... I live in Houston and shipping will hurt..  anybody in Houston that knows a place
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

+1 on Arntzen.

15 or so years on several IPSC full size, halves and poppers. The IPSC's have been shot with most everything at 2 yards to 587 yards. Easily about 10K rounds per year have hit these targets never had a failure of them.

The BASES for the poppers have taken some abuse and need some repairs, but the plates themselves are fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on Arntzen.

I should have said something about the plates themselves! I've had mine for over 10 years. For 8 of those ten years they were used pretty hard at shotgun courses. I got the round plates-16" diameter. They suffered about 5000 rounds- mostly birdshot but plenty of buck and slugs too every few months. For the last two years I have used them as my personal training targets shooting them with rifle pistol and some shotgun. Shot them from 25 yards to 900 with everything from 9mm to 308....no issues at all. They are as good today as the day I bought them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Magnum Target I buy from them they offer free shipping, ansrew email in about 24hr, & if it's not on there website they maybe able to build it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]
We make our steel targets, but if I had to buy, MGM targets. No one builds a target or stands by their products like Mike Gibson.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 9:03:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

These are what I've used with great results, they can take a beating.
Some others on here I'll have to check out.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#24]
www.RedStitchTactical.com
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top