Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2014 6:50:28 AM EDT
Don't see many of these AK-dedicated available anywhere, much less on east coast.  Have had Vickers 2-day class and Rifle Dynamics 2-day class, but looking for another option to try.
Would also consider general-purpose carbine class that allows AKs.
Looking for something at intermediate skill level (not "this is an AK" stuff).
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#1]
We permit AKs in any of our carbine courses and do AK specific classes when there's the demand

www.defensiveconceptsnc.com
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't see many of these AK-dedicated available anywhere, much less on east coast.  Have had Vickers 2-day class and Rifle Dynamics 2-day class, but looking for another option to try.

Would also consider general-purpose carbine class that allows AKs.

Looking for something at intermediate skill level (not "this is an AK" stuff).

Thanks.
View Quote

Erik Lund is a member here under the name USSA-1.  He is on the FN three gun team.  He does AK specific classes in the metro-Atlanta area from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/14/2014 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a non-model specific carbine course I'm holding on September 20.   Combat Carbine Teamwork, Pelham TN

If you're not wanting a beginner's basic course (This is an AK) the I don't think an AK-centric course is necessary. If you are dead set on an AK specific course, I'll second JLW and throw out Erik Lund's name. He does an AK course once a year or so.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I just opened a Kalashnikov course in Gap, PA.  

http://www.bhtcorps.com/wp/?page_id=31

Breakdown of our 2013 Kalashnikov course is here:

http://www.bhtcorps.com/wp/?page_id=216

Ask about us in the PA HTF or on snipershide and you will get all the references you want.  

/Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just opened a Kalashnikov course in Gap, PA.  

http://www.bhtcorps.com/wp/?page_id=31

Breakdown of our 2013 Kalashnikov course is here:

http://www.bhtcorps.com/wp/?page_id=216

Ask about us in the PA HTF or on snipershide and you will get all the references you want.  

/Fargo007
View Quote

I took this class this weekend, and I was extremely pleased with the course content, especially with the two instructors.Without giving away proprietary information, there were a few techniques taught that were AK / Russian specific, that I had not come across before, in "Carbine" courses that were primarily focused on the AR.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, I almost went to this one, but had a schedule conflict.
I did go to a 1-day intermediate "carbine" class nearby.  It was designed around the AR platform and the instructor was as well-versed in that platform as he was relatively uninitiated in the nuances of the AK.
Don't let anyone tell you that for anything past the introductory level, AR and AK training are the same.  The experience of the instructor makes a critical difference.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys,

We will have another one running in 2015 for sure, perhaps two.  

You are correct, basic rifle tactics are pretty much the same, but that's where it stops.  

The mechanics of running the guns are however, very different.  There is no rosetta stone that will take AR15 techniques and effortlessly translate them to a Kalashnikov.  To even attempt to do so completely misses some of the platform's best features.    Approach it with the right mindset however, and the genius of the design starts to come into focus.  

Come and see us for this course next year.  I guarantee you are not going to be disappointed.  

Stretch out your legs and back too.  We move around a lot.  

/Fargo007, BHTC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top