Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2014 10:30:29 PM EDT
Ok, I can shoot  the center of paper standing at my local range and have done some "move then shoot" sessions with an ex-marine coach. But, I would like to train at the next level. No, not a contractor training for the next job, but something that would teach me how to move and hit roaming zombies if they ever invade my neighborhood. Is there such a thing in Florida?  Thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Chris Costa goes to FL on a semi-regular basis.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Suarez International and John Farnam of Defense Training Institute sometimes do.  Both have schedules on websites.  Consider sponsoring a class to get exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Greenline Tactical
Telluric Group
Randy Cain
Ect. Ect.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions so far. However, few offer rifle classes in Florida.  Does anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just assume that I have to travel to get more training?
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions so far. However, few offer rifle classes in Florida.  Does anyone have any other suggestions, or should I just assume that I have to travel to get more training?
View Quote

No you just need to get on the internet and do some research, look at instructors who travel around and find one in FL.
Greenline has a rifle class scheduled for 17 May in St. Augustine. contact [email protected] for info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
ATA, you seem to assume that I have not searched myself.  In fact, I spend hours every day, waiting on my next client meeting, doing just that.  When you own the business all is good.  But, the problem is that most of the instructors seem to offer lots of beginner classes and are handgun heavy.  I appreciate the suggestions, but again those instructors do not have anything currently listed that has not already been held...........I just do not want to ship my toys out west and back.............I did ping Greenline.  Thanks again for the help.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:49:14 AM EDT
[#8]
There is absolutely nothing wrong with beginner/level 1 fundamentals classes trust me I still attend basic level classes and have been shooting AR's for nearly a decade.
Where in FL are you located?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
ATA, I am in St. Pete and have done several level one classes with Urban Soldiers [Family firearms] wherer we worked up to moving and then shooting from different positions out to about 50 yards.  I am just looking for something more challenging and to hear other ideas.  Where are you?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:12:38 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm up in Jax, but I recommend if you can make it attend the greenline class, but also NFDCC in Gainesville or FDCC in St. Aug for some pretty cool rifle/pistol stuff.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all for the suggestions
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 8:56:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I've taken a pistol class from Randy Cain down at Southern Exposure and it was excellent.  I can only ass-u-me his carbine classes are good as well.  Kyle Lamb (and I believe Pat Rogers) comes and teaches there as well on occasion.

Southern Exposure

Also look into Reston Group training.  It's headed by Jared Reston.  Google him and read up.  I took his 2 day Performance Gunfighting Mod 1 class in St. Augustine last year and plan to go back for a couple more.  I live in Jax as well so this is an easy drive.

Reston Group
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Man I totally forgot about. Jared Reston, yeah he has a great class and the instructor to student ration is really good. And it's very affordable.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Pat Rogers is in FL (Southern Exposure) every December with both pistol and carbine courses.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:21:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#16]
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dynamic-Shooting-Academy/144943388951348

I know this guy personally. He's really good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Tactical Firearms Academy is a really good school down in the south Florida area. They also do training nights on Thursdays at Trail Glades range. I've taken a couple classes and lots of training nights.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:16:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Central Florida Carbine Club or similar carbine club is a great way to start and wont drain your wallet.
Link Posted: 6/7/2014 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Central Florida Carbine Club or similar carbine club is a great way to start and wont drain your wallet.
View Quote

Competitions are not training
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top