Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2013 8:30:56 PM EDT
Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to know if any of my fellow members could help another brother. Here is my dilemma, I just moved into the Irving Tx area from Ca. I am looking for some places that I can continue my training.

At my old range (Sacramento Valley Shooting Center) members could rent private bays. My group and I are used shooting and moving, shooting around barriers and walking around the range "hot".

Recently I check out Elm Fork Shooting Sports. I was told for that kind of training I would need to visit Tiger Valley out in Waco.

Does anyone have some suggestions on where I can find a private range to keep my skills polished.

Thank you, gentlemen
Link Posted: 7/1/2013 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
700yds,

Shooting instruction in Texas shouldn't be an issue. Including myself, there are 4 former Unit Operators that live here and do open training. There are also a number of former SWAT, Marines, SF andNational Level shooting champions doing instruction. Elm Fork isn't bad if you're in the Dallas area. I know their lead instructor, who I've been working with to get more tactical training at their range. I'd expect that they will have regular Tactical Rifle courses at Elm Fork this Fall/Winter. In the meantime, Tiger Valley comes up to Elm Fork a couple times a month to put on rifle courses. Now, I'm assuming by your post that Waco is a little far, and I'm also assuming that like me, you're in the Dallas area. If that's true, I'll suggest TDSA out in Ferris, Texas. Its not quite as far as Waco, but they do have a good amount of ranges suited for tactical training. Alternatively, if you have the budget and the gas tank, Rough Creek Lodge has an excellent tactical range that was designed by Craft. Great way to make household 6 happy if she isn't a shooter, because you can drop her off for a spa day while you train and then join her for a nice lunch or dinner afterwards.

Hope that helps, feel free to drop me a PM if you need any other info about the area.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.fusiongunrange.com.
They are located in Forney, Texas.  They opened recently and membership is required.  They offer training classes and if I understand it correctly, they will allow shoot and move under certain conditions.  Check their website for verification.  Current and former members of the United States Armed Forces get a discount.
Link Posted: 11/24/2013 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
fusiongunrange.com

For some reason this did web address did not work.  However, when I did a google search it came right up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top