Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2013 10:05:39 PM EDT
Looking for a beginners course in the NE Ohio area.  Anyone aware of one?
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I was recently directed to aliastraining.com.
Otherwise, I'm looking for the same...
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Check Hometown Forum.  I seem to recall Magpul was hosting a class somewhere in NE Ohio.  Either way, there are always a few instructors offering/checking interest in a   couple training classes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#3]
YES! Weyer Tactical is one such company that is very worthwhile to deal with. They do a lot of CCW and pistol stuff, but they do hold armorer courses and other stuff for Citizens as well. The training department of the Alliance Police Department puts on training that citizens are able to sign up for, and also hosts EAG Tactical, Magpul, and LMS Defense for training for LE, Military, and Citizens.

Both have facebook pages, and Weyer Tactical has a website as well. Alliances is buried in their PD website, but it is there. Contact Joe Weyer of Weyer Tactical or Mike Jones at APD.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#4]
TDI  I have met a few people who went there and I know one of the instructor. And from what I herad it is one best around (seeing the way the guys were shooting) I   would like to get down there but due to my work I never will.

my windows 8 dosnt like the hot link button here is the link
http://tdiohio.com/home_page/
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 6:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul Carbine 1 in Nov was still open as of this morning.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Look at the city of Alliance Police Department training. They offer basic carbine instruction to law abiding civilians and they do a great job at a reasonable price. Alliance (Oh) Firearms and Tactics Training on Facebook
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll be out there in a month. Alliance PD has a helluva facility, and I look forward to seeing the improvements it looks like Weyer Tactical did for their setup while I'm there. Good bunch of guys, and they have the resources and knowledge to back up what they instruct.
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for the Alliance PD Training Dept. They host their own stuff (civ friendly) and they also host nationally known
instructors throughout the year.
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:59:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Another vote for the Alliance PD Training Dept. They host their own stuff (civ friendly) and they also host nationally known
instructors throughout the year.

Just registered for the patrol carbine course in July.  Keeping other options open, though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I just fininshed up four days training with Alliance Police Trainers, Mike and Joe are top notch instructors. Four days in a shoothouse with multiple agencies/experience levels and not one scary moment. Safety is stressed at every level and teaching is accomplished with zero egos. I emphatically recomend training at Alliance Police Training!
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I took Weyer's "Defensive Carbine/Rifle I" class on Saturday.  Some of the classroom stuff was a little basic for me (nomenclature of parts, assembly and disassembly of an AR, etc.) but there were a couple new shooters in the group who appreciated it.  This was my first carbine class and I enjoyed the shooting portion a lot.  It wasn't a "shoot and move" course but I learned some stuff I didn't know and got some helpful tips on recoil management and gear use.  Plus, it's a stepping stone to the more advanced Weyer / Alliance PD classes.

There were nine students and three instructors (Joe Weyer, Bill Clark, and another) for about seven hours of class time.   And like someone said above, there were no egos.  Joe Weyer is a BIG advocate of civilian gun ownership, almost rabid about it, and they didn't talk down to the students at all.  Everyone felt comfortable asking a lot of questions.  Plus, very nice facility.  I want to know what's behind the door of the safe!!!  Class was well worth the $125.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Joe Weyer is a great guy out there. He works hard at what he does, and has bent over backwards when I've trained at Alliance. I have no problems whatsoever recommending Joe or Weyer Tactical for any training needs out there.

Correct links for anyone else that wishes to train at Alliance are:

Alliance Police Training

Facebook Alliance Police Training

Weyer Tactical

Facebook Weyer Tactical

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top