Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2011 7:30:51 AM EDT
I'm not affiliated with Behind the Lines but I am taking the class again this year, thought some of you may be interested in learning more about long range shooting with the Dragunov or PSL. The class is not limited to either type of rifle though (see more details below)

AAR from last year HERE

Marco does night fire familiarization on every class now and will have 2 1PN34/58's night vision scopes for students to shoot, I'll have my 1PN34 again for people to borrow too. Last year he broke out the PKM and SVDS which was neat.

January 28+29th 2012.

Pretty unique opportunity to take a class in this part of the country. Class is taught by Marco Vorobiev, and depending on the amount of students, David Fortier might come out as well.

http://www.behindlines.net/

Soviet Spetsnaz Sniper Course
Special 2-day Event taught NEAR Sayre Sportsmens Club, Athens, PA, 18810

This class offers an introduction into the philosophy and methodology behind Sniper application within Soviet Armed Forces and especially Spetsnaz units. This three day class will have students become familiar with their weapons and scopes, learn "shooting nest” set up and basic concealment, movement within a unit, quick target acquisition and rapid precision fire. Students will gain an understanding of Soviet Sniper doctrine and gain confidence in their ability to engage targets at long distance.

Apart from the main theme of this course, students will have a chance to take part in assuming leadership roles, setting up a bivouac and meal consumption Soviet Army style as well as a few other surprises that our staff has prepared.

This course is taught by our staff instructor Mark "Marco” Vorobiev.

This is going to be high-pace, high-intensity class with fair amount of shooting.

Cost - $450.00 per student for the entire course.

This class is limited to 20 students. Spots are offered on a first come-first served basis.

Saturday night a dinner will be hosted by Behind Lines for all students, instructors and staff.

At the end of the Course Certificates of completion will be awarded.

Soviet Spetsnaz Sniper Course

Telephone: 734-477-0700
Fax: 734-477-0700
Email: [email protected]

What to bring:

* Your favorite scoped rifle, preferably semi-automatic, although bolt-action rifles are also welcome.
* 400-500 rounds of proper caliber ammunition.
* Binoculars, although not necessary, but range finding scale would be a great help.
* Your most comfortable load bearing chest or belt rig.
* BDU or utility uniform/clothing that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy.
* Suitable and comfortable boots/shoes that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy.
* Head cover of your choice.
* Your most comfortable backpack.
* E-tool or spade.
* Canteen or water bottle.
* Mess Kit with utensils.
* Eye and Hearing protection.
* Gun cleaning kit.
* Small note pad and pencil.
* Ears, Eyes and Open Minds.

What students can bring (following items are not necessary, but can be helpful as well as add to more realistic feel of the course):

* Rain poncho.
* Shooting mat.
* Sleeping bag.
* Range finder.
* Compass.
* MREs.
* Knife.
* Multi-tool.
* Side arm (no ammo).
* "Short” foldable rifle with 200-300 rounds of ammo.
* Flack jacket/Body armor and Helmet.

Sniper Course Schedule:
Saturday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Sunday 8:00AM – 5:00PM

Please plan to arrive at the site at least 15 minutes before start of the Class. Expect to spend 10 hours in the field. Hardy breakfast and plenty of rest between class sessions is highly advised

http://behindlines.net/behind_lines_new_011.htm

feel free to give Marco a call if you have any questions, he will take care of you!
Telephone: 734-477-0700

Some teaser pics from last year:

Link Posted: 11/13/2011 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#1]

IM me for questions if anyone is interested. I can help with some of the logistical details or get you to Marco or Voron to get things sorted out just LMK

Plane tickets have been booked, no way we're driving 27 hours from Texas again this year

Will be me, Auzie and Nictra attending

Z
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Direct Action Resource Center (www.darc1.com) is hosting this course 25-26 Feb 2012 in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Edit:
Thanks for the IM's and interest.
You have to sign up with www.behindlines.net not with DARC.
It is their course and DARC is only the host.
I spoke with Marco this afternoon and he should have something on his website soon (this week?).
He also told me that he is bringing Fortier to help with the course.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Marco is a good guy,  bring plenty of pickles and vodka.
Link Posted: 1/14/2012 1:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
We Texans have shipped our guns and ammo up there, plane tickets booked and looking forward to another good class this year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top