Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:32:06 AM EDT
I'm planning to take a pistol course with Frank Proctor in the next 3 months.  I'm an intermediate shooter (2-300 rounds a month, practicing fundamentals, shooting on move, barricades, etc), but I don't know if I should take the 1 day, 2 day or the CCW course.  I'm a civilian and I don't currently compete, but I would like to improve my speed and accuracy.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you looking to get out of the course?  I don't know the syllabus for the courses or trainer you listed, but reading those and applying it to what you want to know is the way to go.  Another direction would be to take the 1 day course, see if you like the training and if you have never taken a formal class it would be a good way to get your feet wet, and I really recommend this approach.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
For what you say you want, I'd look at the 1 or 2 day courses he offers.  The descriptions suggest that the two day is basically double the training time of the one day, but not 'new' material.  But when working new skills, the more repetitions you can get, the better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm planning to take a pistol course with Frank Proctor in the next 3 months.  I'm an intermediate shooter (2-300 rounds a month, practicing fundamentals, shooting on move, barricades, etc), but I don't know if I should take the 1 day, 2 day or the CCW course.  I'm a civilian and I don't currently compete, but I would like to improve my speed and accuracy.  Thanks
View Quote

Did you try reaching out to Frank and asking him?  It looks like he has a 1 day course in Feb and a 2 day in April at his range.  Maybe take his 1 day first and then you'll have plenty of new things to practice before the 2-day.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I took franks combat pistol course July 2016. The first 4 hours were all fundementals, he is big on absorbing recoil not fighting it. Then shooting at the target we had to do a lot of preferial vision drills, while watching how high our sights rose on the target when the sights return break the followup. After our lunch break is when he really ramped up the course. If you watch his YouTube videos and practice what he shows it's a lot of the same stuff with more nuggets.EDIT  I shot about 1200-1400 rounds in 8 hrs, take a lot of mags and ammo. Proctor is really really good at answering any questions. He is very active walking up and down the line, he sees everything and will correct or give pointers as needed. He was 4 rows down shooting, I missed a shot high right he walked to me and was asking what I was seeing ect and if I knew why i missed the shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top