Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 3:16:37 PM EDT
Anyone use one?  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one, I'll have to double check but it's actually called shot timer.  Used it at a few matches when the batteries died on the range timer and it works.  If you are at an indoor range it will pickup everyone's shots of course.  

You do have to mess with the sensitivity a bit for it to not pick up the slide going home.  Usually after the shooter is done I hold it back away from me while the scribe takes down the course time. It was a free app so worth every penny haha.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I've tried the Sure Fire app and the Shot Timer app.  Neither one worked well.  Wouldn't pick up my shots but picked up background shots.  They were both frustrating to use.  Just get the PACT and be done with it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Buy a real timer.  It's worth the investment if you are serious about training.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I used shot timer app for a long time, but cat is right.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a real timer for training at the range. I use my iPhone shot timer for dry fire practice at home. It's not that loud so it doesn't bother the rest of the house.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#6]
iphone snap shot problem, i have noticed it with 5s. anyone else?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll slightly disagree here. I've used all the major shot timers on the market and some of the app based timers work just as well. I've actually started using an iPhone or iPad to run timers in my courses as this streamlines the amount of gear I need to carry on the line, since I use an iPhone or iPad to video shooting error to play back to clients. The app I've been using I believe is a paid app called "Make Ready". I have noticed that it is MUCH faster to change par times using the app that it was with Pro-Timers. They are just tools and sometimes I do still run a Pro-Timer depending on what the training need is.

The caveat here is that with some outdoors cases, the microphone can be muffled and the sensitivity of the shot pickup needs to be adjusted.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#8]
For a FREE app it's ok.   I find when I get a clean draw and shot, that it doesn't register.  ??  Haha

Edit:  I'll have to check out that "Make Ready" paid app.  I don't mind paying if it works well.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
"Shot Timer" works more than well enough for home practice. I wouldn't want to use it at a legit match but I use it all the time to run drills at home and work.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#10]
The Surefire Shot Timer app works to pick up the 'blast' from a CO2 airsoft pistol quite well, no problems. planning to use it this weekend when hurling actual bullets.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Tried both apps.
They work, but are a little frustrating.
Have to keep going back to start, multiple clicks,...
Then I found out my Iphone would not respond when I had gloves on.

I eventually dropped $100 on a timer and I'm glad I did.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I use the SureFire app for dry-fire and a real shot timer (CED7000) for the range.  For dry-fire, I just put in a par time and try to beat the times.  I find the apps to be not fully reliable for the range.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#13]
For dry firing, a shot timer called "Dry Practice Drill" which you can download it from the Google store (those with Android OS), works great. But a real shot timer will be more practical for live fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top