Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2015 7:29:26 AM EDT
Hey guys. I've been looking really hard into getting an airsoft gun for training. I always as much as I can practice dry firing at the house with my g22. This has really helped me with draw and acquiring the front site and pressing the first shot very well. I basically have it down to muscle memory. What I need help with is manipulating the trigger faster and only to the point of reset. I have looked at nicer gbb airsoft guns like the we g17 and have looked at the sirt pistol. I was wondering what you guys thought was better and which you guys have. I think the gbb airsoft gun would be great for running drills at the range a few times before going live to get movements and motor skills down. The only question I have is how is the trigger on airsoft guns. Is there a solid reset like a real glock or is it crap? Just needing some help deciding on which way to go. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Why wouldn't you put a rubber band in the ejection port to keep the slide out of battery slightly?

That allows a "live" trigger to simulate multiple shots.

If you're talking about riding the reset, don't.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got the Stark Arms.

Works zactly like my G22. Trigger, slide, magazine, it's all the same.

It will ruin you, however, if you are trying to do any kind of marksmanship, as it does not put each pellet in the same place.

Also, it does NOT fit my duty or tactical holsters (my duty and airsoft both have a M3 light on them). I have sanded the airsoft replica with a belt sander, to no avail.,

And, the slide will not hold up to glock-like behavior. You really need to baby it.
And the magazines are a PITA to load.

But, for practicing, and for force on force, I like it a lot. I worry less that I might accidentally hurt someone, the airsoft replica is tan and the live one is black, so zero hesitation.

No experience with the WE or other replicas, I did a ton of research, and basically the kids hated them except for the cool factor.

I like mine just fine. No loud report, I can do mag change drills, load a few short to simulate a tap-rack-bang, it points and feels like the real deal, and no ear muffs or range issues!

ETA - did a reread. Didn't answer your question. Yes, trigger is 99.9% same as the real steel. even looks similar when you break it down. Unless you're using gas, though, it's gonna be like your real gun, trigger>slide>trigger>slide>trigger. I don't know the rubber band trick, I'll have to try it when I get home.

Link Posted: 9/21/2015 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#3]
SIRT is ok but can be duplicated with a cheap $25 laser, great for dry fire and below line of sight alignment.  Still get an Airsoft for partner drills or practice in your basement/garage such as close range shoot while moving
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the Stark Arms.

Also, it does NOT fit my duty or tactical holsters (my duty and airsoft both have a M3 light on them). I have sanded the airsoft replica with a belt sander, to no avail.
View Quote

Sanding down the exterior of the slide and/or frame isn't going to make it fit.

It's slightly wider than a G17/G22... it's closer to the dimensions of a G20/G21.
The wider barrel (specifically the chamber) is what keeps the ALS system on
Safariland's G17/G22 holsters from being able to lock into the ejection port.
Fits like a glove in any of the Safariland ALS holsters made for a G20/G21.

Also, you can install real Glock sights on it... I've got the OEM 3 dot NS on mine.
Dovetail for the rear sight is a little bit oversized... just put a shim underneath it.
You can upgrade the slide to a steel one if you want more realistic weight/feel.

As far as accuracy:
Invest in high quality seamless BBs... not the crappy ones they sell at Wal-mart.
I like 0.25g for shooting ~350fps... the GoldenBall ProSlick BBs are my favorite.
Make sure the hop up is set correctly... that can cause BBs to veer up or down.

Great training tool.  And a really fun toy too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a G17 sized airsoft, the Echo 1 Timberwolf model so not exactly the same since the frame is the Lone Wolf frame. It has a metal slide, but it must be aluminum because its much lighter than a real slide. The frame is polymer and is pretty awesome feeling in the hand. Its a gas blowback gun so it has recoil and the slide moves realistically. Functions great, slide lock works and locks back on last round.

I only have 2 complaints: 1- a fill up of gas usually only last 3/4 or so of one mags worth of ammo. And 2-the trigger is SUPER light on it, so it doesn't really match up to shooting a real Glock. Other than that I love it for practicing draws and sight picture, force on force stuff and just to get some trigger time in around the house without access to a range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top