[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or just call it an airsoft gun.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

-Try to call it a replica. It's not a firearm, nor is it a weapon. It is a toy designed to replicate a firearm, but is designed to shoot at humans. Yes, I'm splitting hairs, but we are the professionals, and words have meanings. Divesting dangerous terms for the replicas does nothing but help when the non-informed are paying attention.

Or just call it an airsoft gun.

To each his own, I suppose. For me, only guns are guns. Anything I can do to reduce a misunderstanding with firearms, I try to do.

Quoted:

It's a top feed.  The fake Aimpoint w/ the hole in it to aim with is the magazine.  The "magazine" that clicks in AR style is the battery.

You need silicone oil. That's the only thing the pros recommend.

You may have a jam. Like previously mentioned, run a rod down the barrel, and see if broken bb's come out.

What I do next is single load a bb and see if it fires. If it doesn't, then it's surgery time. IF it does, as stated, your mag isn't seating well anymore, and you need to inspect the mag well, the little pipe looking thing in the well, and the mag to see what's up. Might be a gravity fed jam in the scope/bb holder.

Edited - sorry. I didn't completely answer your question. Get on youtube and find a video, they will tell you how to maintain and lube your replica. I can tell you all replicas need oil. My nephew brought me his full auto beretta replica because it was having malfunctions. A little bit of the liquid silicone and it hummed like a sewing machine!
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  If I slide a bb down the bbl, it fires it fine.  Took all the ammo out of the top mag, tried dropping in ammo one at a time.  Still nothing.  Think I have some silicone oil I got in an airgun cleaning kit, will give it a shot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my Gen3  G17 in from China.  Ordered though Army Panda.  It is not exactly one to one.  I think the slide is a tiny bit oversize so it doens't fit all of my holster but fits the ones I use the most at least.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get a glock 19 gas blow back. Are the WE models decent enough?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Just getting started down this path for practice.
From what little research I have been doing it doesn't appear that any of these items with a blow back type system (simulated recoil) is available within the US, is that right?
I would like to get something like the G17, Sig P226 or a 1911 type.

Most are running $150+. One of the URLs in this threads takes me to a G17 for $75 which makes me wonder if its actually the same.

I would prefer to purchase within the US and if possible, which is the most reputable company from which to purchase?
If having to purchase outside the US, once again which is the most reputable company from which to purchase?

The Tokyo Marui gets a lot of positive feedback but they only seem to be located in HK.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just getting started down this path for practice.
From what little research I have been doing it doesn't appear that any of these items with a blow back type system (simulated recoil) is available within the US, is that right?
I would like to get something like the G17, Sig P226 or a 1911 type.

Most are running $150+. One of the URLs in this threads takes me to a G17 for $75 which makes me wonder if its actually the same.

I would prefer to purchase within the US and if possible, which is the most reputable company from which to purchase?
If having to purchase outside the US, once again which is the most reputable company from which to purchase?

The Tokyo Marui gets a lot of positive feedback but they only seem to be located in HK.
View Quote

Plenty of GBB pistols available from US vendors like Airsoftmegastore and Evike.  The really high quality stuff or odd stuff might only be available from overseas sources like ehobbyasia, but it's still no big deal as far as availability.  Glock clones are problematic because of trademark issues, so you'd have to buy from "other" sources and hope it makes it through customs.  As far as TM goes, they're the most respected name in Airsoft, but their stuff tends to be a bit underpowered because of Japanese laws, plus all of their stuff is plastic (again, Japanese laws).  KWA is a better choice, IMOP.  Umarex is absolute shit; never buy anything "made" by them (they don't make anything, they just hold all the copyrights and outsource the manufacturing to the cheapest bidder).
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:24:59 AM EDT
[#7]
i've owned my KJ Works 605/G23 for about two weeks now. it is 95% true in dimension to a glock 19, and trade marks aside is hard to differentiate once the orange tip is off. the lower is exact, the slide is approx .5mm wider (measured with my shitty harbor freight micrometer) and fits into most, but not all holsters for a glock 19. it shares some parts with the TM/WE guns but isn't 100% compatible and the info is scarce so do some research. i've found a few US vendors selling parts, the rest come from overseas.

have about 250 rounds through it with little issue. the gun feels, functions and operates like a real glock - takedown is the same, trigger reset just like real steel, last round hold back, etc. expect about 300fps, and pretty darn accurate out of the box at reasonable distances. the green gas/propane mags hold 18 rounds, and you can just about get through two mags worth of ammo with one full gas charge. ymmv based largely on temp and cool-down (warm-up?) period.

plans are to use it for training purposes (have a glock 19 and 26 for work), for sport at the local indoor airsoft places, and to help train my children. i originally planned on using it in my small backyard, but the rounds bounce back HARD, EVERYWHERE, and eye protection is a must. can punch through aluminum beer cans, PVC fence, some glass and plastic so be forewarned - this is not a toy!

i bought mine at a great local place here on long island - PM me for details.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope this idea works out. I have been looking for an Airsoft version of my HK 45 CT. I was not able to find one in the US. Just a few days ago I ordered one from a German company. Will report back when it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a g&g Mk18 clone that I'm trying to get working. I think the crossman bbs that I bought just didn't like the gun. I'm going to try the matrix from evike.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm setting up a airsoft "range" in my break room at work.  I have a kws? g19 i bought at a local store. i shoot ..2g out of it.  

But to piggy back on thread, i need a decent m4 gbb and some printable targets.  I already have the Dot Torture target and the antifa/protester silhouette that someone made on arfcom.

anyone have links or pics of some other good training printable targets...

and a decent gbb m4 that isn't too expensive?

thanks

Protester target

Dot Torture
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm setting up a airsoft "range" in my break room at work.  I have a kws? g19 i bought at a local store. i shoot ..2g out of it.  

But to piggy back on thread, i need a decent m4 gbb and some printable targets.  I already have the Dot Torture target and the antifa/protester silhouette that someone made on arfcom.

thanks

Protester target

Dot Torture
View Quote

Try the airsoft reddit marketplace: http://www.reddit.com/r/airsoftmarket
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
just following up on my KJ Works G23 experience...

took a bunch of coworkers to an indoor airsoft private party. we split into two teams and played team deathmatch style. the venue - strikeforce sports on long island, provided electric AR-15-style rifles and gear. i brought my g23 thoroughly enjoyed picking off enemy coworkers at close range with it. i used my safariland work holster for realism, and doing mag swaps under pressure was a real eye opener. gun performed flawlessly.

i now own two of them and am building a third from scratch using upgraded Guarder brand parts. Guarder basically sells every component including frames and slides, and most of the parts can be bought in the US from Evike and redwolf airsoft. i have had great success ordering from rainbow8 in hong kong, i recieved all three orders within approximately one week and was able to use the same tracking number to track it from shore to shore. with guarder parts you can easily build a g17, g19/23, or g26/27 that is the same or better than a tokyo marui or kjw gun.

only downside is that this new hobby is cutting into my AR fund.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I highly recommend Airsoft training. There are a lot of shooting scenarios that are impractical or dangerous to practice with a real firearm. For example, shooting out of your vehicle. Not some clapped out Crown Vic at a 2 day course, your actual daily driver. I can do this in my garage daily with airsoft, if I really wanted to. Another example would be shooting from unconventional positions or with movement. Almost no ranges will allow this, but with airsoft I can do it in my basement.

I bought an Tokyo Marui Beretta PX4 from Red Wolf airsoft. It is an exact copy. All controls work the same, slide locks back on an empty mag, fits all my CCW holsters, etc.

With the Airsoft Innovations adapter mentioned earlier, the large tip is for propane canisters, and that small tip lets you use gas duster cans from Office Depot to refill the mags. I prefer those, as they aren't as powerful as green gas.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
with guarder parts you can easily build a g17, g19/23, or g26/27 that is the same or better than a tokyo marui or kjw gun.
View Quote
But, do the finished products fit something intolerant of typical airsoft replica tolerances? My safariland stuff won't accept my glock replica. :(
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Dot Torture
View Quote
This looks like a good drill.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

But, do the finished products fit something intolerant of typical airsoft replica tolerances? My safariland stuff won't accept my glock replica. :(
View Quote
I have a KWA ATP and I have to remove the ALS from my duty holster, otherwise the front site hangs up. Fits all my other holsters perfect. I carry a Glock 21 so its alittle more forgiving to the airsofts not quite replica size.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

thanks

Protester target

Dot Torture
View Quote
Decent GBB M4 and "Isn't too expensive" don't go together.  You're going to have to spend some money.  To setup my KWA LM4 to replicate my real rifle and have 6 magazines on hand cost me as much as building a basic real rifle with no options added.  Magazines for them are around 40-50 dollars a piece where as AEG (electric gun) magazines (usually plastic and not real weight) can be as cheap as a real PMAG.  

But in my mind it was well worth the money to be able to run drill in my backyard, do FoF and even play airsoft for fun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I need to get a glock 19 gas blow back. Are the WE models decent enough?
View Quote
WE’s are a little cheaper than most but are decent quality and you can upgrade parts as they fit Guarder parts. As stated in other posts, the slides are slightly thicker. I’ve read that they fit Glock 21 holsters pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/21/2017 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
So the new licensed Glocks break next month with a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 4 G17. Preorders happening but they are pricey and Glock has retailers under MAP agreements. Word is they are the Stark Arms version so they won’t take TM or WE compatible mags. The good news about it being Stark is that there will likely be a G42 in following releases as Stark already manufactures an unlicensed clone.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Thought you guys would like this. It’s a guy running steel challenge drills in his garage with a WE airsoft G17. He has another video where he shows how he made his targets. Awhile back I made a 2/3 scale metric target template out of 1/4” plywood and I use it to cut targets out of scrap cardboard. I am going to make some smaller scale ones too to simulate distance. The steel are nice because you get some audible feedback.

https://youtu.be/x4fi6PdMqbA
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  Thought you guys would like this. It’s a guy running steel challenge drills in his garage with a WE airsoft G17. He has another video where he shows how he made his targets. Awhile back I made a 2/3 scale metric target template out of 1/4” plywood and I use it to cut targets out of scrap cardboard. I am going to make some smaller scale ones too to simulate distance. The steel are nice because you get some audible feedback.

https://youtu.be/x4fi6PdMqbA
View Quote
Airsoft Shooting Drills with Steel Targets and WE G17
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]
i've had a great time practicing/training/playing with the KJW G19s i picked up last year from a local airsoft place strikeforcesports, they are no longer manufactured but pop up on ebay once and again. i've gotten parts and upgrades for them from a shop called rainbow8 in china and have successfully ordered from them multiple times (not whole guns, just parts). they are GBB (gas blow back) so the slide racks with every shot with a nice pop, giving a heightened sense of realism - clearing malfunctions is the same, as is breaking it down.

the KJW gun is within a millimeter of the real thing in every dimension and drops into my safariland duty holster. i picked up a second holster to practice with and use it when i play - great training.

eye protection goes without saying, these things ricochet off everything. my gun shoots over 220fps - ow.

which one is real? too late, you're dead.

the guys at strikeforce sports were just at SHOT and posted this pic of the Glock airsoft guns and indicated that they may become available for public purchase soon - which would be amazing.

glocks at shot
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Offically licensed for sale to the public GLOCKs are now a reality.  Currently still only the Gen 4 17 and Gen 3 19.  They say more are in the pipe to come out over the next few years.  We will see. Not sure currently but when they first released a few months ago none of the retailers could keep them on the shelf.

GEN4 G17 on AirsoftGi

220FPS is a bit on the slow side.  There may be something up with your pistol.  Should be between 300 and 400.  Most indoor places are going to have a 350 or so limit and outdoor places will allow 400.  I haven't been to a lot of places where they actually check peoples pistols though.  We had a guy running around at one field using a MK23 clone with an extended barrel going though a faux supressor.  I got hit once or twice and talked to him about having it chronoed because it made me bleed though my jacket, which is unusual.  It chronoed at almost 550 FPS with .28 bbs lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Those are through umarex, which gives me pause.

I wish they'd review them in real steel holsters and accessories, that's WAY more important to me than a minute and a half of literally unboxing the replica! lol

The last glock replica I had was out of tolerance in a few dimensions, had to shave the rails a bit to get the light on, and was then too tall to fit my duty holster.

Wonder when the gen. 4 19 will show up?
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Those are through umarex, which gives me pause.

I wish they'd review them in real steel holsters and accessories, that's WAY more important to me than a minute and a half of literally unboxing the replica! lol

The last glock replica I had was out of tolerance in a few dimensions, had to shave the rails a bit to get the light on, and was then too tall to fit my duty holster.

Wonder when the gen. 4 19 will show up?
View Quote
Here's an interview with the Umarex rep who deals with GLOCK on this project.  Apparently GLOCK is being very picky (can't blame them) on what they allow to be released and how.  He did say that there are plans for many many UPCs in the future so I'm sure they're going to come out with more models and generations.

I got my GLOCK replicas before the UMAREX/GLOCK license.  One was a WE that was oversized and would only fit in the loosest of fitting holsters I had mainly the last Blackhawk holsters I have laying around.  I ordered another one that was said to be very close if not right at 1:1 and so far it's fit all my holsters.  I can't remeber the brand off the top of my head but it was though a Chinese airsoft website. KJW maybe?  KSC?  Again can't recall.

They go over the 1:1 issue at about 5:40 in the video below.  Apparently GLOCK will not allow anything but a true 1:1 to leave the factory.

Why did the airsoft GLOCK take so long to make?!?! | Airsoftology Interview
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#26]
DVOR.com is selling the Elite Force (UMAREX) Gas Blowback G19 on it's site today for $127.  Best price I've seen since they came out.  Get one while they last.

https://www.dvor.com/elite-force-glock-19-gen4-gas-blowback-airsoft-pistol.html?promotion=dvor-s-favorite-new-gear-46-2018-08-24

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Way before sim rounds or airsoft we used to do CQB at Mott Lake at Bragg with CO2 BB guns doing force on force.  Moved to Campbell and used to have airgun battles in the barracks (I had couple Crossman CO2 .357 .177 cal pellet revolvers).  Would buy a bag of Green Army men and set them up in my room and draw and shoot them.

CD
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I believe that  the OP is in search of the most realistic training possible, from the comfort of his home (garage).

If he was a Glock guy I would suggest a resetting trigger, like this one from Glockstore.com; it allows full functionality of the firearm without having to rack the slide after each trigger press, and can be used with a "magic bullet" or "laser ammo" to indicate location of where your bullet would strike.

Might I also suggest https://utmworldwide.com/. Disclaimer: I have never used this brand of product, but they are the only ones I know of willing to sell directly to "civilians". I'm pretty sure "Force on Force" brand (sister company of Federal/CCI/etc.) only sells to military and law enforcement; Simunition brand is the same, but also sells to their "civilian range program" participants. UTM has conversation kits for normal firearms that allow them to fire these specialty ammunitions, as well as the ammo that will allow you to safely train in your garage as well as train live action scenarios with other live humans.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top