Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2015 6:29:38 AM EDT
Looking for input on our annual "Exertion Course" requirement that will interest all of our students.  Using around 25 rounds at the end and scored in some way.  Just need to get heart rates up and then put some sort of pressure on them as far as competition and/or scoring.  Thanks for any and all input!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 9:56:32 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/6/2015 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
are the students healthy enough to do push ups?  Gets the arms tired and puts real stress on shooting.  Have you considered a cognitive task.  Get them to remember/recall a series of colors or do a simple math problem between strings.  Cognitive components introduce a different sort of stress.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I am looking into similar training.  My thoughts so far

2X
20 kettle bell swing
20 squats
20 pushup
5 kettle bell 2 arm throw
10 tire flip

At the end a 400m Sprint to shooting area

10 rounds from 7 yards with a reload

Thought is to simulate a fight and then a chase.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Burpees. Lots of burpees.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Make them wear a dog shock collar and shock them every time the miss, and randomly when they don't.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Almost everyone can do jumping jacks or "high knees" in place, if you go hard thatll get your heart rate up enough to make shooting steady a little tougher.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Overall not too bad looking of a drill. I'd think that students of a general skill level can handle this with your goals being reached.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am looking into similar training.  My thoughts so far

2X
20 kettle bell swing
20 squats
20 pushup
5 kettle bell 2 arm throw
10 tire flip

At the end a 400m Sprint to shooting area

10 rounds from 7 yards with a reload

Thought is to simulate a fight and then a chase.
View Quote

Pump the brakes. You're not there to be a personal trainer and the average joe doesn't know how to execute these movements properly.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Burpees. Lots of burpees.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#9]
A recent doing I was at had people do rushes while dragging a pretty nice sized log. That was pretty exerting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top