User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2015 10:57:40 AM EDT
Anyone else here signed up?

Im signed up and Ill be there.

Ill be the guy with the 1911

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not this location but I'm doing the ft harmar oh in September also with an old ancient 1911
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not this location but I'm doing the ft harmar oh in September also with an old ancient 1911
View Quote

Nice. Let us know how it goes!

Us pesky 1911 operators gotta stick together

I have a feeling I wont a dirty looking for showing up to Hackathorn with a 1911 however. Some other instructors I have shot with, man do they hate 1911s for some reason or another. They always tell me their not reliable enough to use in a class, but every class I have been to has proven that wrong
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
1911 aren't  the uber cool plastic fantastic. I have gotten some looks and witty banter in a couple of classes I took regarding my choice of a weapon, but no stoppages, jams etc. Even with my crappy reloads.  I have seen glocks, M&P jam, hell  any gun can. So I don't believe in the "you should ditch that low capacity dinosaur and buy a striker fired........" I  own a multiple glocks and a couple  HK 's,  But I still love my 1911's. My beat up old GRP has never failed me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1911 aren't  the uber cool plastic fantastic. I have gotten some looks and witty banter in a couple of classes I took regarding my choice of a weapon, but no stoppages, jams etc. Even with my crappy reloads.  I have seen glocks, M&P jam, hell  any gun can. So I don't believe in the "you should ditch that low capacity dinosaur and buy a striker fired........" I  own a multiple glocks and a couple  HK 's,  But I still love my 1911's. My beat up old GRP has never failed me.
View Quote

If I could shoot glocks like I could my 1911s, Id be all over them. But I cant

Ive trained with Defoor a few times. He hates them. That being said I do own a surefire light from beating out everyone with one of his tests.

I ended up getting the nick name josey wales due to my lead reloads creating so much smoke

I trained with proctor last year, first year I used factory ammo, and go freaking figure, the only time I had problems out of my gun, due to the ammo. Blazer brass bulk, seems the rounds were not crimed enough or they used weak brass or something, a few would bend and deform when loading from slide lock . Im never using blazer brass again.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about it.  Hard for me to plan that far out though.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It sold out in less than a few days.

Glad I hopped on it immediately
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I guess that decides it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
ah well, I was on the fence too.  would be nice to attend but I[m not sure on the timing.  Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for other offerings.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:19:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Hack will probably show up with his Glock 17.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top