Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2013 7:55:15 PM EDT
If you live in the Northeast and have the desire to learn handgun fundamentals, consider going to the Sig Sauer Academy in Epping, N.H. My wife and I have attended 2 courses this year (Handgun 101 and 102), and have registered for a third course (Handgun 103) early next year. The instruction has been fact-filled yet interesting, focusing on basic techniques and skills that will aid you in becoming an accurate and safe shooter. The instructors come from various military and law enforcement environs, so their experiences are diverse. But they are excellent in their training techniques, providing answers to just about any question asked and providing insight in what will help each individual shooter. And they are not Sig Sauer sales people; there was very little discussion during class regarding the Sig Sauer brand nor any criticism of other handgun manufacturers. In fact, for Handgun 102 and 103, you are encouraged to use whatever handgun you may already own. The instructors focused on teaching shooting, and we got sufficient opportunity on the range to apply what we learned in the classroom. The Pro Shop personnel were also very helpful and patient, looking to provide answers rather than to make a sale. My wife and I were so impressed that we both bought our first handguns there. In conclusion, if you have the time, I would highly recommend making the trip and attending a course.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking of attending their master instructor course. I try to constantly evolve as an instructor and from what I've read their academy seems top notch.

Thanks for the review.

crodeo
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been thinking of attending their master instructor course. I try to constantly evolve as an instructor and from what I've read their academy seems top notch.

Thanks for the review.

crodeo
View Quote

Come prepared, this class isn't the typical certificate farm course.  You'll have to earn the certification thru demonstration and accuracy.  

(Two tips:One, know your offset with your rifle.  Two, pattern your shotgun and understand the POA/POI  might want to test some flight control buck shot in it)
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#3]
this was the most difficult qual course i have taken as an instructor, but i learned a ton.... both rifle and pistol instructor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top