Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2013 10:20:18 AM EDT
Iv got the chance to take a free class from them, but iv got to pay for my travel/lodging. I was wondering if there classes are worth the money ill spend on airfare and a hotel.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 10:35:12 AM EDT
[#1]
YES!

Take what I say with whatever grain of salt you wish. I am a First Family member meaning I drank the kool ade and paid for a lifetime membership.

They are BAD for flooding your email inbox but the training is first rate, first class, thorough and at YOUR pace.

If you want to talk in detain, PM me.

If you go, check with me as to where to stay, what to take and how to prepare
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Several of my neighbors go all the time.  They love it. One is an instructor.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Agree w/ previous posters!

Wife and I are also Life Members (Ambassador) and have been to several courses.  

Great instructors and wonderful facilities.  Kind of "quirky" in some respects, but I guess that's to be expected considering he number of students they run through in a given year.

Be prepared for the onslaught of emails and phone messages, though.  They are world-class self-promoters.  I don't see that as a bad thing, but they will fill up your inbox!

Have fun!

Rich

Edited:  damn auto correct!
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I've gone 3 times, handgun, shotgun, and AR, enjoyed all the classes.  My entire family has a membership, we love going.  It's also only about 60 minutes outside of Vegas.

About the emails and phone calls, they are frequent and annoying, so here's what you do:  Request to opt out of the email and phone calls.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have attended several of FS training programs, while they have given themselves a bad name because of the land deal lawsuit, the training is good.
Most of the people I have heard talk smack about the training have never actually been there. Ya know the I heard it from a friend at 31 flavors type.
The classes I have attended were geared toward the novice/intermediate skill levels and as a previous poster said, you inbox will be full by day four.
The instructors are there to TEACH you. I know they have probably heard all manner of stupid questions but a student has to start somewhere.

Is it a pyramid scheme. Yes, I think it is.
I still think the training is worthwhile, enough so that I travel all the way across the country for it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2013 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Pass....
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been to 3 different front sight classed, Enjoyed them all, took a buddy on the last one and he enjoyed it so much he signed up for the Life member thing. The training is great. They have a good way of being able to teach to all students of different skill level at the same time. Actually am going to do a pistol night course this July. Agree with not liking their advertising technique, never pay full price for a course because there are always "deals" that come up.  My wife has also been through a few of their courses and she did her first 3 gun a few months back... smoked many of the previous 3 gunners and officers that were competing (she doesn't shoot for a living).. She finished in top 10... gotta say partially due to her front sight training.

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Went with the wife and daughter who were interested after Newton. It was really a great experience in pistol manipulation, safety, accuracy, and legal consequences of using self defense. We are contemplating a life membership.

I thought I was a fast draw until two different instructors at different times were in the lane next to mine. I was barely out of the holster when they were shooting the target.

Dry practice, controlled pairs, a real positive experience.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I enjoy the training out at FS.  I took my first defensive handgun class out there in '99.  Been back several times.  Handgun, shotgun, Uzi subgun, empty hand defense, edged weapons, etc.  I've learned something every time and it's an enjoyable experience.  There is some competition and the simulators that are fun too.

Regardless of the level you enter the class at, you'll get better.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 12:17:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I've taken handgun, rifle, and shotgun courses there. All are top notch. I would recommend the four day defensive handgun for your first class. No matter
how good you are now, you will come away even better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top