Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2016 8:43:42 PM EDT
So,

I'll be in Vegas at the end of January, and I'd like to get in some distance rifle practice.

Issue is: I've never been to the Vegas area.

Is there any place that I can shoot up to 1000 yards?  Is there any place I can do so and rent a qualified instructor for the day? -grin-

GB
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You might want to look at Desert Sportsmans or at the Boulder Rifle and Pistol Club - both of these ranges advertise 1000 yard shooting lanes....

As far as renting a guide, I've never done that, so....

Originally Posted By gbmaryland:
So,

I'll be in Vegas at the end of January, and I'd like to get in some distance rifle practice.

Issue is: I've never been to the Vegas area.

Is there any place that I can shoot up to 1000 yards?  Is there any place I can do so and rent a qualified instructor for the day? -grin-

GB
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:02:59 AM EDT
[#2]
It appears that the various ranges generally require membership.

The Boulder city range does have the nonmembers section,  that's an option, thanks!

Ultimately it might be nice to find someone who does instruction and who has access to a distance range.  Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 8:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
So,

FWIW:

Since I originally posted this message, I’ve been out to Vegas several times.

North of Vegas is the Clark County Range

They have a sporting clays facility, skeet, and trap.

You can rent Beretta shotguns from them, and they have ammo as well.

They also have a 200 yard facility for rifle shooting, and various positions for pistol shooting.

The place is insanely nice and we’ll run.

Progun

Progun is south of Vegas near Boulder City.

The people there are pretty chill, and they have all of the facilities that Clark County has, just not quite as nice… but still pretty good and they are open when Clark Countyn is not!

The have a really nice sporting clays course that will challenge anyone.

In addition, they also have a series of ranges for rifle / pistol shooting… AND they rent firearms.

Specifically, the have a number of machine guns and more exotic weapons they will shoot with you.

They’ll even let you blow stuff up, such as cars.

Honestly, I got there for the Sporting Clays; I’ve used plenty of machine guns and blown stuff up in my life…

Anyway, both of these options are great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top