Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2016 3:22:28 PM EDT
Anybody ever participated in a class with these guys? They are about an hour from my hometown and I saw a brief ad on facebook for a course catered to .308 long distance shooting, but I asked a question in the comments and they haven't bothered to answer so now I'm questioning how "official" the training will be.

Link to a PDF advertisement, but I can't find any information about the course on their main page. Looks like they just build guns...

https://www.ashburyprecisionordnance.com/pdf/riflecraft-550-308win-clinic.pdf

Any other good options for LRPR courses in or around VA? I shoot regularly at a range at home but can only stretch out to ~300yds or so. I'd really like to get some trigger time and hands on instruction at some longer distances.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:17:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I own one of their chassis and wanted to buy  a different part, lots of phone calls and emails. Never did get the part as I could never speak with the "right" person, I don't think their customer service is very good at all. Not surprised that you haven't heard back from them. My deal went on for a couple months, so not really one or two phone calls type thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#2]
They build solid rifles and they have folks doing well representing their equipment in the Precision Rifle Series, most likely a good indicator that they know their craft very well. I personally don't know how well they teach, but, I would wager it is probably pretty solid though. If you are still interested in rifle training in Virginia though I know you will be well served by Central Virginia Tactical. Good times there for sure! Share your experience if you attend a course with a review.

If you are not in a hurry, Green Ops will be unveiling a designated marksman course based off the Army Marksmanship Unit's DM Course probably this coming May.

Here is the link to Central Virginia Tactical:http://centralvirginiatactical.com/

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for and that you enjoy your training.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Ashbury International are primarily for-contract builders and instructors.  

They are adept builders and instructors, but they do not meet the individual market very much.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top