Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2013 3:31:38 PM EDT
Anyone conduct any training in the southeastern area? I live in Greenville, SC and am looking for some precision rifle training in this area. Any info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 11:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmshoot] [#1]
I conduct training in Carrollton GA and Pelham TN.  Drop me a line.
Link Posted: 6/11/2013 11:09:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mastadon] [#2]
Hello, OP!  I am also in the Greenville area and just this morning started down the road to getting good with a precision rifle (shot mine for the first time today).  Anyway, a couple of very helpful gentlemen at the range pointed me to the Coastal Carolina Rifle Club.

The club is quite a hike from Greenville (on board MCB Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, NC), but they have almost monthly medium and long range competitions (600-1000 yards).  I don't know if I'll make it this month, but I plan to be there with bells on in September.

Good luck, and if you decide you want to go to one of these, let me know and I'll buy you a beer up there.

ETA:  I know it's not training as in a class, but it's certainly where you can regularly put what you learn to work in a class, which I guess is also training.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2013 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot give a personal recommendation but you have Vapor trail tactical, Sean Little in North Carolina.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I can vouch for cmshoot's training, he's well-known and regarded amongst the Georgia HTF, I took a carbine class from him last year.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2013 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunsite Hill outside of Athens, GA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2013 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Never trained with CMshooter but all my communication with him has been top notch.  I hope to get in a class of his down the road.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SHIVERSEPD:
Anyone conduct any training in the southeastern area? I live in Greenville, SC and am looking for some precision rifle training in this area. Any info is appreciated.
View Quote

Are you associated with any LEO agencies? The NRA has an excellent precision rifle instructor course for those who are or want to instruct and have some LEO credentials. I took it just under 2 years ago. I'll say this if you want to take it make sure you:

A. Know your rifle.
B. Don't go with some east European $300 rifle and $200 scope
C. Have ALL the equipment they say to have
D. Train a bunch before the course.

You'll come away from the 5 day course a MUCH better shooter than before you went.

Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The NRA course you mentioned is LEO instructor course. It is a good class but not usually long range. 300yards is the norm.
I am running the Guerilla Sniper 1 in April in Blakely Ga.
THere is a thread listed in the Training course sectuon.
Scott
www.centerfiretraining.com
more info
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Peacemaker National Training Center in WV is running a class in July by 2 top notch long range shooters who have been teaching for awhile.  Sign up should be open.
Link Posted: 2/17/2014 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Joe Harris at Creekside Firing Range NW of Atlanta
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 for cmshoot.  I've taken a class with him before and he is top notch.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 7:47:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reynard20] [#12]
South River Gun Club has Precision Rifle Courses in Conyers GA. Check out their website. It may be for members only I don't know but they have a calendar on the site that does list it. http://www.southrivergunclub.com/
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 10:56:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no connection to the course, we currently have no precision course offerings, but 12Mile Defense in Liberty SC has a Precision Course this summer.  You'll have to find exact dates by contacting them directly.

I do not know who the instructor is, but we use their facility to host many of our courses.  I saw the class on their training schedule last time I was in the shop.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Appleseed runs classes in all three states.

SC's MCRC and Newberry ranges have 100 yards available; we do KD on Sunday with the .22s (and centerfires) to let students apply some of the KD concepts as best as we can with the facilities we have.  We are working to get access to a 300 and 1000 yard range in the state.

The NC range at Charlotte has 300 yards and Ramsuer has 500 yards.  Both allow KD on two-day classes, but I believe Charlotte is limited to those who have qualified as Riflemen at 25 yards first (due to concerns about unskilled shooters having rounds leave the range area and impact the surrounding area).

Finally, in GA (Ebert County) they are running KD out to 500-600 yards.

Hard to beat the price point.  If nothing else you can use the AS clinic as a chance to get some data on your rifle and polish the fundamentals before spending 10x as much on another class.  Bring a 22 for Saturday and your centerfire for Sun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:49:37 AM EDT
[#15]
It's just across the GA border into TN, but I'm teaching a 2-day Basic Precision Rifle on May 3-4. Basic Precision Rifle
Link Posted: 5/20/2014 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#17]
We are currently building our Precision Sniper program, hopefully will have something this fall in the Greenville Area

PandionTactical.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top