Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2017 4:32:12 PM EDT
Looking for some insight, just finished my AEMT course and I'm gearing up towards studying for the national exam.

Wondered if anyone had experienced it and had any tips or advice.

Im thinking it won't be much different than the EMT-B exam but with added "Depth of Care" and more in depth cardiac/Medical questions.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
It felt fairly similar to the EMT-B exam... Of course they are always changing the test pool, but I didn't have very much as far as advanced scope. Best of luck! Congrats on passing the class
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully by now you've taken the exam. The longer you wait the harder it tends to be. If you've put in the time to understand the material it can only be so hard. Just remember how deceptively they word each question. I took 2-3 times to read through each question on my paramedic exam to make sure I 100% understood what was being asked. Good luck
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I skipped the AEMT exam. Went straight to NRP. Its 2-3 more months worth of training.

Why would you take an AEMT exam when NRP is right there and you are certified to do more?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Three months from AEMT to NRP?  Most programs around here are 3-4 semesters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Originally Posted By MonkeyMedic83:
I skipped the AEMT exam. Went straight to NRP. Its 2-3 more months worth of training.

Why would you take an AEMT exam when NRP is right there and you are certified to do more?
Three months from AEMT to NRP?  Most programs around here are 3-4 semesters.
Yeah At least in Oregon, I'd need at minimum to be in an Associate degree program to take paramedic level classes.

This was just a non-credit course through a local community college

+ thread update passed the test this last April no issues, Currently a licensed AEMT
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 3:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: firearms-collector] [#6]
Double tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top