Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2017 3:07:42 PM EDT
I bought some cheap trauma shears and they arrived in really bad shape. Like one has rust on it. I've not used this place before - and won't again for this and other reasons - but can I salvage the shears somehow or should I throw them out?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:13:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 11:39:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Should have got them at Harbor Freight like the rest of us.  $0.99 cents of Home Depot flat black will make them tactical if you must. Buy pink paint if they go in a purse. 
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Thx for the replies thus far.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Can I salvage the rusty pair or should I dispose them?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep and use, nothing you cut with shears will care if they're rusty.  Try em on something, if they don't cut well, ditch em
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By marshallgrad:
Keep and use, nothing you cut with shears will care if they're rusty.  Try em on something, if they don't cut well, ditch em
View Quote
Good logic! Thx
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Should have got them at Harbor Freight like the rest of us.  $0.99 cents of Home Depot flat black will make them tactical if you must. Buy pink paint if they go in a purse. 
View Quote
I just get mine for free from Air Evac when I see them at a class or if we're giving them a patient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top