Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2016 11:22:55 PM EDT
I am looking to get back in to 3 gun after being out of it for over 7 years.   I am considering the Mossberg 930 series.  Mossberg  has a the 930 JM PRo and the 930  HP 12M/28MC 12 round     Other than the extended mag tube  I can't find any difference.  Anyone  have any experience between the two?
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The JM Pro is finished slightly better. Things like the loading gate/elevator, charging handle, are all "upgrades." I'm not sure but I thought I remembered one of them couldn't take chokes, but that was a while ago, so don't take my word for it.

JM Pro upgrades-

•Chromed gas piston assembly, hammer, sear, and mag tube
•Nordic Comp mag tube extension
•Beveled loading gate and shorter forend
•Extended elevator
•Oversized charging handle and bolt release
•Trigger over-travel stop
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The 930’s simply dont run.   I have witnessed too many not run to recommend one.

Go with an m2, weld the lifter and go from there.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The 930’s run with smooth hulls. They’re picky on ammo
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 10:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TBone556:
The 930’s run with smooth hulls. They’re picky on ammo
View Quote

Mine eats everything except the low tier Win garbage like super speed, super trap, etc.
Hulls are too sticky for a gas gun.

Get a pack of Wolff mag tube springs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top