Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 10:55:59 PM EDT
Be gentle. As I've been starting to get into Uspsa/IDPA and thinking about precision rifle, I'm noticing that I cannot see well. At 100 yards I can see the target in my 9x scope. But it's blurry. On pistol targets I can focus on the front sight but cannot see the hole in the target after, so it tough to tell if I've scored a hit. Have others had this issue and did corrective lenses, contacts, glasses etc fix this.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:28:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#1]
I wear no line bifocals as normal wear, at the range I have ess ballistic eyeshields with the same prescription on an rx insert.

In pistol it involves my holding my head on a slight upward incline to see the front sight clearly, I've gotten used to it.

Shooting LR rifle, I just use good quality glass, with enough magnification.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#2]
With pistol if you apply the fundamentals you should know if you hit or
Not without looking at the target. In competition any loss of focus on the front sight is bad.
With iron sights your target ( as I think you know ) should always be blurry.
Can't speak to optics as I have little experience with them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top