Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 9:03:31 PM EDT
I have just now finished Immediate Action Medical, 7/11/17- 7/12/17, at Tactical Response. Let me start off by saying this course IS life changing, this course IS intense. This course in my opinion is about as intense as Fighting pistol (another Tactical Response course) or even slightly more. I have learned a lot in these past 2 days during this course. I have learned everything from the proper use of tourniquets to packing wounds properly with gauze. This course is VERY hands on and serious in nature which is amazing. Something's that I learned was that H-bandages have 101 uses to save your life, tourniquets are the reason why I say one is none, two is one, and that neck injuries don't mean instant death. I have learned the skills needed to save my life and the lives of the people I love. If you can put holes in people it is irresponsible to not know how to plug them. Even if you are an EMT or first responder this class is useful. There was a first responder in my class, and even he learned something. This class does get confusing sometime, but if you take notes and ask questions (like you should) then anyone should be able to handle this class. Just know that before you book, this class is TRAUMA training this is emergency care. This training will only make you or the victim stable until professional help and/or first responders show up. All in all this class is literally a lifesaver and I'm proud to say that I know how to fix myself or others.

(Flame on)
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:38:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have just now finished Immediate Action Medical, 7/11/17- 7/12/17, at Tactical Response. Let me start off by saying this course IS life changing, this course IS intense. This course in my opinion is about as intense as Fighting pistol (another Tactical Response course) or even slightly more. I have learned a lot in these past 2 days during this course. I have learned everything from the proper use of tourniquets to packing wounds properly with gauze. This course is VERY hands on and serious in nature which is amazing. Something's that I learned was that H-bandages have 101 uses to save your life, tourniquets are the reason why I say one is none, two is one, and that neck injuries don't mean instant death. I have learned the skills needed to save my life and the lives of the people I love. If you can put holes in people it is irresponsible to not know how to plug them. Even if you are an EMT or first responder this class is useful. There was a first responder in my class, and even he learned something. This class does get confusing sometime, but if you take notes and ask questions (like you should) then anyone should be able to handle this class. Just know that before you book, this class is TRAUMA training this is emergency care. This training will only make you or the victim stable until professional help and/or first responders show up. All in all this class is literally a lifesaver and I'm proud to say that I know how to fix myself or others.

(Flame on)
View Quote

Did they cover how best to respond to running away and watching your colleague get wasted?

I'm sure Yeager is an expert in such matters.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
What's your baseline medical education level?

First responder used to be a 40 hour certificate... I don't use that as any sort of metric.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's your baseline medical education level?

First responder used to be a 40 hour certificate... I don't use that as any sort of metric.
View Quote
Before this class all I knew was how to apply a CAT tourniquet. This class is a 16 hour course, the point of this course is to do emergency treatment on wounds that would kill you in minutes. I did research before this class, I feel like this class has definitely achieved what it said it would do. I can stop bleeding, help/fix someone's breathing (chest seals, decompression needle, and NPA), and how to deal with amputations. This course gave me the knowledge and know how to deal with violent injuries. I feel like they did a great job, the firefighter/first responder in the course feels the same way, and the army medic who also took the course with me said it was eye opening to him. This course was well worth the money in all honesty.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like a condensed combat lifesaver course.  Not bad info.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be honest, I stopped reading at Tactical Response. Nobody should take them seriously.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.

View Quote
That's kind of what I was thinking.  Worst part of CLS was being poked and prodded by fellow classmates with the IV
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's kind of what I was thinking.  Worst part of CLS was being poked and prodded by fellow classmates with the IV
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.

No I.V. In this class, the goal of this course to to stop bleeding, fix breathing, amputations, head and eye injuries (all puncture and bleeding), and abdominal wounds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 12:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply.

View Quote
That’s pretty close. It is a good course.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll be honest, I stopped reading at Tactical Response. Nobody should take them seriously.
View Quote
But you bothered to respond.

The OP posted his experience and what the class covered. What specific criticisms of what he was taught do you wish to address?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top