Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2016 5:44:10 PM EDT

"Shoot at a pace that guarantees 100% accuracy in operational settings, provides reliable shot to shot assessment and that endangers no innocent parties on scene"
Wayne Dobbs

"The shotgun excels at handling pistol distance problems."
D.B.

Summary
This class was posted on pistol-forum and having never taken a course outside of department mandated training on shotgun implementation, this was a must attend class.  The bonus is that it was split up into a two day pistol first and shotgun second day type class.  First day Wayne Dobbs ran the students through a very specific course of fire designed to provide the best way of figuring out what specific fundamentals the student needed to work on while providing advanced concepts, integrating movement and complex problem solving.  The pistol portion of the class focused on running drills and going through the process of self discovery, specifically focusing on time and marksmanship problems.  All of this while maintaining proper muzzle control and safety awareness.  The title of "First Responder" is not just for the LEO who shows up responding to a priority call, it is also for the CCW citizen who gets in the fight.  The shotgun portion focused on creating, building and automating shotgun operation while solving a target problem within the limitations of the systems available.
View Quote

Read the full AAR here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/12/aar-hits-first-responder-pistol.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Wayne and Darryl are good dudes and outstanding firearms instructors.

Great write up.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:51:54 AM EDT
[#2]
VooDoo Man,

Great pic. Great review. Let me know when you are planning to go to TX next, if my schedule permits, I may tag along.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 11:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably some time next year, I'll let you know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top