Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2016 10:14:57 PM EDT
What are you using for steel targets, and what type of frame do you use?  I am in the process of building a berm, and I would like steel targets to be used with handgus and rifles.  I also am considering some type of stand to hang multiple steel targets.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends.... how far are you shooting?  I take discarded railroad plates and hang them up for anything over 200m (anything closer is dangerous).  Under that I use AR500 plates (search ebay for AR500 target)

I mount the close AR500s on 2x4 frames and move them around.

You can do a lot with 2x4s

for farther targets (300+) you're gonna want to hang the steel so it can swing freely, otherwise you wont be able to hear the hit.  This one is aluminum so I can get away with the paracord; the spalling from a steel target would shred it so I'd have to use chain.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Go here: http://hangfasttargets.com/

Buy some t-posts ($2-3 each)

Done....

I recommend either putting a few targets per t-post, or just throw 3-4 spares and a driver behind your berm.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I use mk machining and their t-post adapter. Good stuff, and doesnt break the bank.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 9:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I go to a local metal fabrication shop and buy their scraps, cheap, shape doesn't matter.  Depending on shape, drill one or two holes in piece for hanging.  One hole swinging in the wind, nice challenge to hit a "moving target".

mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top