Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 2:24:32 PM EDT
I've trained with Chase and the folks at TD off and on for about 4 years, so take what I say in the context that I already liked TD going into this.

With that out of the way....

The class was sold as a weapons manipulation course for the situation where you are hurt and need to stay in the fight. This includes both carbine and pistol.

Equipment is pretty standard stuff. I wore a PC with a leg holster, and other dudes had everything from HSGI belt rigs, to AIWB custom kydex. People learned really quick whose shit was inadequate, and many guys changed gear at various points in the class.

At the very least, you needed to hump 3x pistol and 3x rifle mags, with a way to stow your weapons.

First half of day one was pistol work, and I think we literally shot from every position. Backs, belly, strong hand, weak hand, you name it. By lunchtime on day one, we were comfortable with getting our weapon into play, reloading it, and putting it to work.

Hell, just drawing with only your support hand and making hits at 25 yards is harder than you think. Trust me.

Chase always has a huge emphasis on accuracy, so even if you were shooting on your back with only your support hand, he expected 100 percent hits.

By the end of day one, we were comfortable with pistols, reloads and even clearing malfunctions while injured or with limited capabilities. We had also started into carbines, again with an emphasis on holdovers at close range, and accuracy at any distance.

First half of day 2 we continued with carbine, including clearing malfunctions and transitions to the little gun.

Finally, all of the elements were brought together in scenario drills at distances out to 100m, even with pistol.

All in all, this is an excellent course, and I highly recommend it. It should be mandatory for LE and MIL IMO.

Reach out and reserve a spot on the next one. https://www.facebook.com/TalonDefense.org

We also had a photographer on site who specializes in tactical picture stuff, he did an excellent job. (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1822725164)
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Second link is broken
View Quote

Huh. They're working for me.

Unk.

The photographer profile link?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I get a "page not found" from FB.

Maybe they want me to have a FB account.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Second link is broken

Huh. They're working for me.

Unk.

The photographer profile link?

I get a "page not found" from FB.

Maybe they want me to have a FB account.

Try this, 5th link down.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=abner%20miranda
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh... Is that Miranda's page?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He's Cuban, right?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh... Is that Miranda's page?

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/65682526.jpg

He's Cuban, right?  

Watch your back!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top