Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 11:08:03 PM EDT
Great class. It was a good blend of shooting, coaching, learning, and answering questions centered on appendix carry. I am a professional firearm instructor and I have noticed an ever increasing number of my students either carrying appendix or considering doing so. I am familiar with the technique and some of the safety considerations needed, however, I had never received formal training in the technique. In order to be better able to address my students that are looking for training in this technique, I decided to attend the course.

It was a hot August day with some rain late in the afternoon. I used a Generation 2 Glock 19 in a JM Custom AIWB Holster.

Spencer delivers a well thought out class that is full of information and very enjoyable. This class  consisted of about 16 students and ran in 2 relays. Each student received plenty of feedback and coaching. The day begin with a time in drill and ended with the same time in drill. Everyone showed marked improvement.

Spencer presented the method for presenting the pistol from concealment to include strong hand only and weak hand only presentations. Seated presentations were also included.

If you have questions or interest in AIWB and are looking for someone to show you the ropes in a professional and enjoyable format, this would be a great course for you. This method of carry has some serious safety considerations. Spencer addressed them all. His instruction proves this method of carry is safe and efficient.

Spencer addressed the clothing requirements, the types of belt necessary and numerous holster designs available discussing the pros and cons of several designs commonly available on the market today.

If appendix carry is your method of concealed carry or your thinking about trying it, take this course. It will serve you well. Spencer will be the first to tell you that AIWB is not for everyone and it isn't. If it works for you, it has some definite advantages. As for me, I am ordering a Keeper Holster for my Glock 17.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I also attended this class and highly recommend it. The only thing I have to add to the above is that Spencer also spends time discussing live and dry fire drills students can use on their own for improvement, not AIWB specific but to improve your regular practice sessions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top