Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2016 9:11:06 PM EDT
I spent Saturday taking the I.S.D. Carbine 1. It was a full 10 hour class with a 45 min lunch. The lead instructor, Rodney Van Zant, was very knowledgeable. He was always giving some type of tip or instruction even in our down time. I felt like he never wasted a moment, he was always trying to improve my skill. All of the I.S.D. instructors were extremely helpful and did a great job of taking my mistake and making them teachable moments. The instructors were very safety minded and patient. I never felt any negative pressure.

Throughout the day I used a chest ring, AR-15 with 6 PMAGS. I shot 450 rounds. For the pistol portion I used a Glock 17 with 3 Mags and shot 100 rounds.

My group started prone position shooting and how to properly get into the prone and keep your rifle stable. Rodney did a great job of going over bullet trajectory and hold overs while we were zeroing our rifles. It was stressed that you need the knowledge of how your bullet travels and drops: “Know your preferred weapon mechanically, ballistically, and operationally.” As my group moved to the flat range with Jason he went over a lot of material quickly but not in a hurry. Jason did a great job of going over muzzle awareness, trigger and safety discipline. We moved on to some basic rifle fundamentals, manipulation, and all aspects reloading and secondary weapon transition. We went over the full range of shooting positions from all kneeling, prone and squatting positions. We also did some moving and shooting drills while on the flat range.

It was an amazing first training experience for me. I could not recommend Iron Sight Defense enough. I enjoyed the whole experience from the teaching with Rodney Van Zant and his incredible crew of instructors, ISD is a very welcoming ego free environment. I learned an incredible amount about my mindset, tactics, skills, and gear and I feel more confident in manipulating my rifle. I look forward to training with them again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top