Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2015 10:23:36 AM EDT
I'm combining two different classes I've taken with Eric, Green Eye Tactical.

Let me start out by saying that Eric, Green Eye Tactical, is instructing from experience.

He has had the best training that can be had and has put that training to use, and now is passing that experience on to those who want to improve

their shooting abilities.

Eric likes to keep his classes limited to 8-12 students max. ( He will do custom classes if requested though ) This way he can give each one the attention they need and he feels they deserve.

He takes his business seriously and is not trying to market himself as, Hey, I'm a  Tier 1 Operator, give me money and shoot targets with me.

He wants each person that takes his courses to walk away with the tools needed to continue to improve themselves when they get back home.

The first class was the Basic Handgun class.

It focused not only on the fundamentals but strong eye weak eye and how important it is using your strong eye hand for shooting.

I'm a very dependant righty but left rye dominate.  Eric had me shooting fairly accurately left handed quickly.

With more practice and a new left handed holster I'll soon be very comfortable with this.

Because the class was small, 3 students so we got a lot of one on one attention working on stance, grip ect.

We ran several movement drills along with target discrimination, target selection and shooting on the move.

The second class was the Basic Tactical Rifle.

Again, this was a small class, 3 again with a 4th as a no show. His loss was our gain with the extra attention we got.

This class highlighted all of our flaws pretty quickly.

Two of had vision issues, one I think had issues because of the type of Red Dot he had.
I found out how bad my eyes have gotten over the years and it showed.

I had never shot with a Red Dot or shot left handed for more than 1 or 2 rounds at a time so it took me a bit to get used to it.
I was nursing a injured left shoulder to boot so for the first half of the first day I was cringing before every shot before it numbed upped enough for me to stop thinking about it.  

Eric does not preach or teach a single zero for everyone. We each had our own zero's.

We all had different ammo and Eric ran us through a chronograph and with a computer program we each received our own suggested zero.

Eric has YouTube vids explaining this more in depth.   I'll post links, they are very informative.

Both classes were Basic, we worked on the fundamentals.  I found them both very informative and was given the tools to work on improving
my skills and would not hesitate taking each one over again.

Eric is very laid back and very humble and is quick to quick to crack a joke.

I'm looking forward to taking more classes with Green Eye Tactical .

Green Eye Tactical

G.E.T. Facebook

YouTube
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top