Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2014 4:00:01 PM EDT
I went to CSAT's pistol-carbine course on the 8th and 9th which focused on the following:

*Safety
*A stair-stepped shooting program that covers all the basic skills needed for surgical shooting.
*Discrimination
*The use of cover
*Transition drills
*Realistic time and accuracy standards will be used as a training standard and goal.
*Individual shooting plans will be developed and used.

While I have been shooting for many years and have taken two prior courses at ITTS, this class helped to identify my weak points and addressed them. The class, even though it was focusing primarily on fundamentals (which is exactly what I needed to be honest) did not feel like a level 1 class.  It was more in between a level 1 and level 2 class, 1.5, if you will.  If you go to the range intermittently and have had one or two basic courses under your belt believe me that you WILL benefit from the course.  I left the course now knowing how I need to 'train' from here on out in order to become a better shooter.

In my humble opinion, this course is fantastic for the person that knows their way around a gun/rifle, but would benefit from some formal instruction in order to identify what they are doing right and what they need to do in order to get to the next level in their shooting game.  Make sense?

On a side note, it was surreal meeting Paul Howe.  My friend and I got to have lunch with Paul and his wife, Connie, on Sunday and got to know them a little better as people.  They are truly awesome Americans and Paul is just a plain bad ass.  He was very humble and professional throughout the course and in his personal contact with students. I look forward to training with him again.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I too attended this exact same class.

I find that Paul's teachings are a fantastic way to be able to better oneself as a shooter.

The same way as you don't go to the gym without a workout program, this is the shooting equivalent thereof.

Also, the arfcommer above had a tan, was not fat and did not live with his mom, so I was somewhat suspicious at first as to if he really was a poster.

Great class, great students, great instructors, had a wonderful time.

Link Posted: 11/12/2014 4:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm already planning on signing up for the Tac Pistol course in May.  I also want to do the Urban Defense Course if/when Paul opens up another slot.

ETA:  Surprised I wasn't a basement dweller, eh?
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 7:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting - I was also at that class.  Interesting mix of students.  I really enjoyed it - highly recommend it.  Hopefully he doesn't really sell his business soon.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the number 1 target.  Where were you on the firing line?  I'm definitely going back for some more training before Paul calls it quits.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I jumped befween 13 & 14 because of that tree - mostly on 14 though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah, okay, you were a ways down from me.  You planning on going back anytime soon? I think my buddy and I will be attending Tac Pistol 1 in May.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 1:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I jumped befween 13 & 14 because of that tree - mostly on 14 though.
View Quote
lol fuck that tree. I was in the same spot during my class.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd really like to go back - I could sure use the training.  My work schedule is pretty tough though.  I'm the one horse in a one horse show and I work 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I really wished he offered the "neighborhood defense" class later in the year- it's all stacked in the first quarter/half.....Maybe next year?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Its because some modules require it to be dark, which isn't easy in Texas unless you stay up real late.

There should be some more coming later once the clocks change again.

At least thats what I was told.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its because some modules require it to be dark, which isn't easy in Texas unless you stay up real late.

There should be some more coming later once the clocks change again.

At least thats what I was told.
View Quote

Duh.....that makes sense...Thanks...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm going back to CSAT for the two-day rifle later this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top