Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 8:53:57 PM EDT
On Sep 25th and 26th I took Rockwell's Carbine 271, a long distance shooting class. Their instructor Brandon is an 18D special-forces combat medic and he's attended multiple US Army Sniper schools. Day 1 was all classroom instruction. There’s lot of information, so be prepared to take notes. Most of the time is spent covering ballistics.
Day 2 is range day. You'll need around 300 rounds.  I advise bringing a shooting mat or something to lay down on. I used a USMC surplus tarp. It's lightweight and you can toss it in your range bag. The day started off with the safety brief, a standard in all Rockwell courses. From there we started sighting in our optics at 100 yards and began various exercises trying to keep good 5 round groupings.  After each iteration Brandon would provide feedback as to what we were doing right and wrong. One thing I noted was how he always kept it positive. He taught us the value of running through a mental checklist before each shot and it helped me significantly. It was an awesome experience every time we’d send a round downrange and hear it impact steel.  In the end I was consistently hitting targets at 300, 400, 500 and eventually 600 yards.  
I highly recommend this company. If you're ready to take your training to the next level go check them out at www.rockwelltactical.com.  I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always had positive experiences at classes with the Rockwell guys. Never felt like I was being berated for not doing something correctly and ALWAYS left with far more knowledge than I came with.

Huge +1 for Rockwell Tactical Group

Made the link hot for you

Rockwell Tactical Group
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That's exactly how I feel about Rockwell. They're good people and they care about what and how their students learn. That probably comes from the Special Forces background.
There hasn't been a class yet that I haven't come away with more knowledge, skill and ability.
Thanks for the link Moose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top