Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2014 5:04:23 PM EDT
I've had the opportunity to shoot at a number of different offerings from salute, including several dueling trees, various 3/8" AR500, exploder targets, and even 1" AR500 slammers.  I know there are a number of places making AR500 steel targets (I've shot at a few), but none have impressed me as much as these.  Not only do they hold up to incredible abuse, but they also use geometry to ensure safety from ricochets.  I had the opportunity to shoot a Barret 50BMG at their .50 Cal slammer, and the 675gr bullet coming out of the tube at 2800fps didn't even put a dent in the target at 400 yards.  In fact, a light coat of paint removed any evidence of my impact (below).  The same target was hit with a number of .338 Lapua loads and took minimal abuse.  I also got to take a number of shots at a 3/8" at 100 yards with surplus M2 AP 30-06 rounds.  Sure, we put a few sizable dents in the thing, but it still held up to the punishment.  

For the record.....I'm a Larue fanboy, but I prefer Salute targets when it comes to steel.  Just so nobody asks, I'm not employed by Salute, nor have I received any consideration from them.  I just wanted to pass along my recommendation in case anyone was in the market.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top