Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2014 7:57:34 PM EDT
Course: Carbine Operator
Date/Location: August 9-10/Liberty, South Carolina
Instructor: Byrd
Reviewer's Previous Experience: Simunitions 1 by Guns for Hire, 3 Appleseed events, ECQS/Down and Disabled/Lowlight by Precision Applications

I took this class using a voucher generously forwarded to me by another forum member.  The online course overview called for 500 rounds rifle and that is what we shot - everything was planned to exactly meet the round count listed in the syllabus.  Byrd wasted absolutely no time; he followed a written curriculum and was all business.  The drills were varied and interesting.  There was a lot of material covered and almost all of it was new to me.  Overall, the pacing was busy but not grueling.  We took frequent short breaks to hydrate.  With the exception of one string I never felt the need to just fire my remaining rounds just so I could end the drill and rest.  Consequently, I did not feel that I wasted a single round over the two days we spent shooting.  I started at a disadvantage because I had not taken Kinetic Carbine, ordinarily a prerequisite (Byrd allowed me to come anyway to honor the voucher) and my equipment was lacking, but Byrd worked with me and I was able to keep up just fine.  I wouldn't say I am now proficient in anything taught over the weekend, but I am able to go to the range and know how to practice to improve on my own.  My overall takeway: the course was well planned, the instruction was clear and concise, and I walked away with a greatly expanded skillset.  I am a much better shooter as a result of my time spent with Pandion Tactical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top