Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2014 4:05:12 PM EDT
On June 21st T.J. put on a women's class and opened it up for the guys to open shoot for free. I signed up and 5 of my friends did as well.  
3 others attended but weren't part of our group.

The women ranged in age from late 20s to mid 50s and their skill levels were from knowing which way the bullets go to IDPA competitor.

I sort of led the men's group and we went to north 3 and shot steel for a while, doing some skills drills. The man from the other group turned out to be a Gabe Suarez instructor and I learned a few things from him including a much better reveal from concealed carry.

At my age I have learned to just stay away from teh wimminz and let the teacher teach so we only checked on them to make sure they had cold water and take a few pics.

After the men finished on the pistol range we ran out to the rifle range and shot steel. I tested the BDC on my ACOG and found that it was significantly off at 500 yards. To hit the steel torso target at 500 I had to use the 400 yard reticle... After I found where to aim the hits were non stop even by the guys whom had never shot anywhere near that far.

T.J. and Bruce served up an awesome lunch of pork, slaw and beans. The ladies went back to work and we guys just screwed around.
After the day was done we all went out to Buzzard Billy's for supper and drinks. It was really great. I highly recommend eating there.

later after all the girls had a few drinks in them I asked them if they felt more confident in their skills and or ability to defend themselves. 100% of them stated an emphatic yes! They all want to go back. This is good for me

TL:DR, Great class, great people, learned stuff, had fun!
Jim

Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
TJ is a cool dude. I've taken his long range course and a shotgun course.

Always look him up at SHOT. A real gentleman and an outstanding instructor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top