Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2014 6:59:53 PM EDT
Course Date: June 6, 2014

Instructors:

Andrew James Wynne- Founder/ Lead Instructor

Arc Light Defense founder and lead instructor, Andrew James Wynne has over 10 years of firearms experience both in training and combat. He served 4 years in Marine Special Operations Command as an Engineer Enabler with one combat tour to Afghanistan. He is certified and has taught through multiple organizations, military, Law Enforcement and Civilian, in the use of a firearms.

Mike Stewart Jr.- Cheif Combatives Instructor

Arc Light Defense Chief combatives instructor Mike Stewart has over 25 years of martial arts and fighting experience. He holds black belts in multiple disciplines and is a student of Grandmaster Relson Gracie. He is also a certified instructor through Gracie Academy Headquarters in Torrance California. He owns Gracie Jiu Jitsu Maryland where he trains over 250 members including local police, FBI, CIA, secret service, and military personnel.

Contact info: LINK

I was able to attend the class, I was not a participant but was able to listen in on the instruction given, which was top notch!  This class is so important because there are to many folks that solely rely on deadly force as the fix.  Every situation is not a deadly force situation, this course gives you other skills and options that you can use to defend yourself and your loved ones.  The most important element is the spontaneous aspect of a deadly force encounter, with the addition of the martial arts component you can now respond make distance to deploy your firearm or use several chokes and holds to subdue the threat.  It just makes sense!

If you have never been in a formal training environment before, this is the place to start AJ and the other instructors have a way of putting you at ease.  This is not one of those I have been teaching for decades so do as I say type of classes.  I know you all know where I am coming from.  This was a welcoming class that made everyone feel comfortable with their level of training and skill, we all could learn more and that is what usually brings us to these classes.  I love being around like minded individuals.  The day started with a safety briefing which covered firearm safety and physical safety rules for the martial arts training components.  The class was split into two groups and off to work they went.  One class did modules of firearm training which was designed to increase your proficiency while carrying concealed.  Techniques like drawing from concealed, holstering with cover garments, magazine changes and all of the basic CCW skills were covered.  Student were even allowed to go against the clock which added a little bit of needed stress to keep things interesting.  The remainder of the class was in the "Mat Room" where they learned a lot of simple techniques to either fend off an attacker, which created distance to deploy a firearm or chokes, take downs and arm locks to control the aggressor.  The groups continued to swap until each module was covered.  One of the highlights of the day was the lunch, which was provided.  This gave everyone an opportunity for all to enjoy some great food and a perfect day which was ideal for training!  I had to cut out early and missed the simunitions module of the course (yes I said it, simunitions! I am a little pissed that I missed it, but there will be a next time).  So I wasn't able to grab any photos of that nor did I get a final group photo, I promise I will do better next time :)

Wanted to share some photos from the 06/07/2014 Arc Light Defense LLC Street Survivor Lv1 course.  Once again this was a very unique class because it combined easy to learn Jiu Jitsu techniques in to basic CCW principles which really helped bridge the gap between when facing an unknown or sudden threat. This course really helps increase your chances to survive a sudden threat with either less lethal force, such as choke holds and arm locks or lethal force with your firearm or chokes as taught in the class. All in all it was a great class and I applaud Arc Light for stepping out of the box and adding more "tools to the toolbox" for these prepared citizens! I should reiterate that the instruction was intuitive and really helped tie in the martial arts factor into everyday CCW very well. I left the range exited to get home and share this class.

Thanks AJ for the invite, can't say enough about this class!!

IMG_6473 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6469 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6493 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6488 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6711 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6854 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6852 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6846 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6840 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
IMG_6842 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6836 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6835 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6834 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6832 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6830 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6827 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6825 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6824 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6823 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6811 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6809 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6808 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Link Posted: 6/8/2014 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
IMG_6805 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6796 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6787 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6785 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6784 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6776 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6762 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6750 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6735 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6730 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6700 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6687 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6685 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6677 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6672 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6660 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6655 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6599 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6592 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6587 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6563 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6562 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6522 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6520 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6517 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6516 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6514 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr

IMG_6513 by 556 Channel (HD), on Flickr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top