Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2014 4:31:11 PM EDT
I rented out the pistol/carbine range Friday for a class/event with over 30 shooters.  Paul Granda, the range manager, was very easy to work with, he even loaned us the use of several more canopies to provide more shade behind the firing line.  The range is fairly new and he's still building up the facilities he would like, but everybody from my group that I talked to liked the facilities and plans to return next year.  We also rented the classroom portable (with air conditioning) for the duration of our event for a very reasonable rate.  My first experience with this facility was taking a class from cmshoot there.

http://www.elkrivertrainingcenter.com/

[email protected]

For people west of Chattanooga, he does offer annual memberships to use the range.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Just visited the range in preparation for another 30-50 person shooting trip, they now have a dedicated rifle range out to 400 yards, a bay for steel targets (can't be used at the same time as the rifle range), and the entrance road can be closed off to provide a 1000yd range.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Very good facility!  I'm up there quite often.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Do they have a shoot house or plan to have a shoot house?

I was talking to an instructor who would like to do a shoot house class for civilians but can't find a house that isn't strongly affiliated with another instructor.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ffsparky26:

Do they have a shoot house or plan to have a shoot house?

I was talking to an instructor who would like to do a shoot house class for civilians but can't find a house that isn't strongly affiliated with another instructor.
View Quote

No shoot house currently, not sure on whether they have the resources available to build one anytime soon.  They've made consistent improvements in the three years I've been hosting events there (and took cmshoot's class there prior to that), but they still have room for more.  The berm between the rifle and pistol ranges is better than it was last year, but could still use improvement (they added a steel target bay adjacent to the pistol/carbine range, but using it requires shutting down the rifle range, and to shoot offhand, shooters must be on the front face of the firing line berm or they'll be too high for safety with the berm between the ranges).  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top