Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2012 12:55:31 PM EDT
Well I say I did. Hope this does not somehow double post.

Anyway, 41 year old male looking to get back into training. I am now not as good physicaly anymore. Sitting on the couch alot. I do remember being able to go two classes in a kick box school no problem a while back. Felt good.

Now I am looking for a more defensive oriented school. I have been through some with 10 year old black belts running around. Maybe some 10 year olds can an do represent the belt just fine. BUT, it has been my expericance that testing fees and keeping folks interested were the key interest in SOME schools around here.

I am looking for a school that teaches adults. Young adults are fine. As long as they are ADULT classes. I don't want to get down on anyone. I guess I do not want another McDojo. You know what I mean.

I am also looking for something effective. And I am considering Judo, Or BJJ. I also am looking back into kickboxing. American Kickboxing.

I really have not made up my mind just yet. Its kinda hard finding anything else in the Hampton Roads area of Va. Specifically on the Va. Beach/Chespeake/Norfolk side of the water.

I am considering going back to Black Hawk on Battlefield. But am open to other options.

I never got as serious with it as I should have. And I am now to long in the tooth to train for competition. Not as fast as I once was.

I searched for Krav Maga when it became the big thing. But found only one school that claimed to teach it. That is another tough nut to crack.

Anyone here familiar with the area. And more importantly do you know someone you would spend the time and bread on? Lynx looks okay. But have never trained there. Self defense is pricy. I have to pick and choose with a grain of salt. Just asking for advice. Not trying to flame a school or anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top