Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2016 1:19:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ledanek]
Coming back this to give another follow up review....been using since 2014

Battery life still works. I initially contacted NextLevel for an RMA, but, after a few days of putting off shipping it back for a $39 repair+ship back, this thing decided to work again.
Somewhat.

The laser got finicky...had to make adjustment for its elevation and windage before I got the laser to shoot out of the housing.
Trial and error cost me nearly 45 minutes...so much for a 30 minutes I save to do some dry firing drills.

After that initial 45 minutes, another 30 minutes fiddling with the metal push rod to adjustable to get the proper length for your rifle’s trigger to be activated.
First 20 minutes must be trying to shorten it to get it to stop activating laser permanently. Another 10 to get right where it's On and Off with the trigger.

Now pissed, because, it's going to get another 30 minutes to find the Loctite, so I don't have to this again.

The value is still there. it gets honest where you're POA and actual POI gets shown by the laser. Specially shooting off door frames. You'll know if your shooting your door frame or not once that laser shines in your eyes if you don't clear your barrel.
The construction and assembly is where this needs severe improvement.

Just something to consider before purchasing

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:36:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I have two of the pistols... they have been flawless for the past couple years.  The AR unit seemed a bit complex for me to spend the money for one!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DasRonin:
I have two of the pistols... they have been flawless for the past couple years.  The AR unit seemed a bit complex for me to spend the money for one!
View Quote

Just too finicky.  I just wish it was tightly engineered.
Still a good training tool
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a few AR bolts and SIRT pistols that I use for classes.  I agree the bolts are finicky and take a lot of time to adjust.  One of my bolts need it's laser adjusted too which I really hate doing.  Wish they improved it so it's just a drop in and works type of thing.

Still good training with the laser detection programs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't touched mine since it got stuck in the upper two years ago.  Eventually I'll have to pry it out and send it in.

I overestimated it's usefulness compared to the pistol.  I'll probably sell it once it's repaired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top