Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2015 12:08:31 PM EDT
Info can be found here:

http://www.tigervalley.com/tvciv_bugoutdrill.php

Another thread got me interested in this event.  I'd like to ask the organizers a few questions but I'm not having any luck getting a response from their website.  I'm wondering if anyone here's done this in past years and could shed some light?

1) I'm trying to convince my wife to do this with me, but 15-miles carrying a long gun may be a bit more than she can handle.  Wondering if it's a requirement?  Rules say each participant must carry a sidearm (no problem); also, if you use an item, you must carry it - no switching back and forth.  My hope is that we can be a "team" and I'll carry the long gun and will shoot some of the events and she will shoot others?  Or, if not allowed, I'll carry rifle and do all rifle shooting.  Bottom line is to eliminate her carrying a rifle.

2) If we work as a "team", let's say she's carrying the firestarting materials but I'm going to use them to start the fire - allowed, or does she have to start the fire?

I guess it really comes down to how prescriptive they are.  My goal is to finish and to complete as many of the obstacles/challenges as possible.  May take us until sunset!  Not looking to win or even place.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top