Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2014 11:58:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PFCMoxy]
This may be in the wrong section, but:

I'm looking for the best eye protection (shooting glasses) I can get (for the money) willing to go over $100 and willing to go higher to protect my eye balls.
Let me know what pair you think are the best.

As always,
Thank y'all!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Oakley Ballistic M Frames.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Just get some Uvex Genesis XC, can get 2 or 3 colors and spares within your budget.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Another vote for Oakley here.

I have owned/used various brands of eye pro over the years (Wiley-X, ESS, Revison, and Oakley).

ALL of the above brands will do an excellent job of protecting your eyes. However, the difference between them is
optical clarity.

For me, that difference is Oakley, hands down. If you have "good" eyes (no astigmatism, etc), then optical clarity is not that big of
an issue. If your eyes suck (like mine), then you want the best clarity. Again, for me, that was Oakley. The story goes like this:

I had heard all of the hype and saw the marketing for Oakley (all that "Thermo-Nuclear Protection" bullshit from the 90's and such)
and thought Oakley was just for posers that rode sport bikes. That changed when I read a post by Pat Rogers extolling the virtues of Oakley,
so I decided to give them a try (I was using Wiley-X at that time). I bought a pair of M - Frames and thought "wow, what a difference!" when
I put them on for the first time. There was substance behind the hype. The optical clarity was markedly superior to the Wiley-X glasses I was using.

Again, if all you are looking for is great protection, then just about any brand will do just fine to protect your eyes. If you are looking for great optical clarity,
then look no further than Oakley.

PS...I have no experience with Rudy Project, so, that may be another brand to investigate. I have not heard anything negative about that brand.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a huge Oakley fan until a buddy of mine turned me on to Smith Optics. Haven't looked back. I have a couple hundred dollars worth of Oakley gear in a drawer that I never touch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 3:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input everyone. Going to try and get some used M frames
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top