Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2014 1:34:31 PM EDT
I got the grand kids, three of them, a BB rifle for Xmas and told them we'd shoot some BBs and learn gun safety and sight control in the garage.  But I want to get a BB stop and was hoping someone here has some recommendations on a BB stop.  Something I can hang a target on, etc.  

I googled BB stops a seen a few that look promising, but do you recommend?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
MY Father taught us to shoot with a BB gun, red ryder I think..

he hung a blanket over a 2x4 and 2 chairs in the garage the blanket stopped and held most of the BB so we could reshoot them.
stood up beer cans, empty veggie cans (real steel cans)till we could hit them and then rolled some cans across the floor,
tossed them in the air got a good clank when you hit them, ..
stood up Neco wafers in a 2x2 with a saw run down the middle or moved us to ritz or saltine crackers in the back yard
bit of chewed gun and thread got them hanging from the clothes line....once we could take out the wafers crackers etc from 20ft or so
we moved to a real range with .22 bolt action..
gun safety in our heads, aim small shoot small ringing in our ears along with pay attention to your front site and target...
My Dad was an Olympic biathlon wanna be,,WWII got in the way then Mom and kids and responsibility finished off that dream..

he learned to shoot with said .22 bolt action, taught by his grandfather, here's 3 shells, bring home 3 rabbits or squirrels or go hungry..

said he went hungry a couple of nights..but not many..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top