Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 10:00:40 AM EDT
I've recently started shooting USPSA matches at a club local to me. I've only shot a few matches, but at this point I'm certain I'm going to stick with it, and want to step up a little from the Glock 19 I've been shooting. I plan on going with a stock pistol and slowly over time upgrading it. I intend to shoot Limited. I've pretty much narrowed down my choices to a Glock 34 or a CZ-75 SP-01, but can't decide between the 2. Which would you all recommend? I am open to other ideas, but these are the options I'm leaning towards at the moment. I know a lot of Limited shooters use 2011s, but I've got fairly small hands and the grip size on the 2011s I've had an opportunity to handle is just too large for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sp01 is da/sa right?   That's a huge handicap.  CZ75 TS Orange or a 2011 with a grip reduction are better choices.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I've tried both the 34 and SP-01 and I prefer the CZ. I would find a stock SP-01 and put a CGW pro-package on it. Or find a Sp-01 shadow, they run great out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Glock
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:33:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#4]
If you like Glock, get a full size 9mm for production, and a 40 for limited

I'm a 2011 STI limited shooter who's been beaten by Glock 35 more than once.

resist the urge to throw a ton of money at the sport

get some good basic gear, and spend money on shooting, or even taking a class from a GM.

Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Glock vs SP?

not to offend anyone, but they are two different animals.

Limited is some pretty hefty competition.

I would go for the SP-01, I just did that.

Went from an M&P CORE to and SP-01.

My reasons:

CZ has a better weight to it. The 2nd shot is much better with all the weight of the CZ keeping the muzzle flatter.
Couple that up with some 147gr -P and you have a great base on which to build with.

With the CZ, you can run in either Production, or you can swap mags and run it in limited or just fill the stock mags to cap.. ( production is 10 round max).

Cajunizing it, with the legal prod. kit, will give you everything for limited, yet still be able to remove 8 rounds and run Production.

IMHO, the Glock egos suxxors! I am a 1911 fanboy and the CZ gives me everything a 1911 does but more rounds.

You are looking at the same price range, so now it comes down to what you want to do.

I say CZ
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:58:09 AM EDT
[#6]
The two guns you listed are popular choices for Production, not Limited.  You want a .40 for Limited.  So if you want a Glock look at the 35 or 24.  The most popular CZ for Limited I think is the Tac Sport, but it has a large grip that might not fit you.  They do make smaller sized grips for the 2011; maybe see if you can get your hands on one and see how it feels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Young-Kiwi] [#7]
If you are thinking CZ, but want to shoot Limited, then seriously consider a Tanfoglio Limited in 40S&W instead.
It is all the gun you will ever need in Limited.

http://eaacorp.com/index.php/guns/witness-elite-limited-tanfoglio-81

(I shoot a Double stack 1911 style myself, but these are enough to turn my head)
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have a lot of time behind Glocks then stick with them.  

A $2000 STI isn't going to make a you a better shooter.

Daily dry fire and weekly live fire practice is going to make you a better shooter.

If you want to shoot limited get a Glock 35.

You can upgrade it as you go:  Mag well, trigger, sights, extended mag release, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
what about a CZ Shadow 2? For production, the CZ or Glock are all the gun you will ever need.

Pick whichever fits your hand, budget, or tastes and shoot it a lot.

It is easy to get into a gear race. I have a Cameron's Custom 2011 and Limited doesn't float my boat even with a top of the line gun. I'll stick with single stack. But whatever you like and shoot to win!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I've only shot a few matches myself, but I'd say shoot the gun that you shoot best.......or is the most fun to shoot.  

I'm shooting the G19 in production myself until I figure out what I really want to shoot.  I'm kinda limited to Production and Limited 10 though as of now.  Stupid State, stupid feelz laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top