Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2017 5:28:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: short747]
Today was my first match of any kind.  Overall I really liked it.  Everyone was really helpful and I definitely appreciated it.  I'm sure they were nervous with a new guy around, but they didn't treat me like a new guy, if that makes sense.  Will be going to more in the future.  Knew I would need to slow down, but when I got to run the stage, sure enough, I went too fast.  Also, my nerves made me jerky on the trigger.  

One thing I was really proud of was my muzzle control and safety coming out of the holster.  I never had anybody say anything to me about not being safe (they will if needed though).  I felt that it was well worth the time and liked that being a first time shooter, there was no price to be at the match.  If you want to give any pointers, have it

ETA:  Also, any sight recommendations?  Have a S&W M&P 9 full size.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
For fiber optic sights, get a 10-8 Performance u-notch rear and the thinnest Dawson front sight you can find.

For tritium sights, I really like the new Trijicon HDXR sights, they are much thinner in the front than the previous HDs. 

TruGlo TFX Pro is a good hybrid, but they are long as hell.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:32:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Dawson precision competition sights on my IDPA guns. All black rear and thinnest fiber optic front they have for the height I need. If you get both fronts and rears from them and you POA and POI are off, they will replace your front with the correct height to match up POA/POI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top