Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 9:40:08 AM EDT
MPSA USPSA 2/4/17 | Open Division | POV

MPSA USPSA 2/4/17 |Open Division | 3rd Person

I had a very frustrating match on Saturday.  I don’t know why, but I couldn’t get my head straight.  I had some trouble executing my stage plans, but my biggest issue was the lack of visual patience and just letting the gun get away from me.  I had 8 Mikes during the match, which is extremely unusual for me, and a lot of them were on close, open targets.

Stage 1 – Weird start position.  Facing up range with gun unloaded and holstered and my stage plan required up range movement at the buzzer, which means that I had to wait to get into position, then turn downrange to draw the gun.  I had a Mike (barrel hit) on the really tight shot on the left side array, then I pulled another Mike on the second shot after the reload.  Watching the POV video, you can clearly see me pull the second shot low on the bottom target.  I’ve been working on shooting on the move, and I did that pretty well on this stage.  Getting around the front of the stage was trickier than it looks.  I saw someone get hung up on 2 different walls trying to move from left to right.

Stage 2 – Simple stage, I just didn’t execute my stage plan.  I seemed to have trouble remembering that the paper targets required 2 shots instead of 1.  I didn’t shoot the array from the middle box like I had planned, so that cost some time.  I pulled the second shot on the second target from the last position low and left.  Just a whiff on an open target caused by not seeing the dot.

Stage 3 – Stage win and no big errors.

Stage 4 – Not a bad stage.  I had a good makeup on the first target after I pulled one low into hard cover.  I shot well on the move, but then forgot a target momentarily before the reload.

Stage 5 – I designed this stage, started on it, and was the first shooter.  I blame cold hands for the fumbled load at the start.  One of my Mikes was in hard cover on the tuxedo target on the right.  I think the other Mike was in hard cover as well.  No reason for missing the mini popper on the left, except for rushing.

Classifier CM 99-23 “Front Sight” – I shot this same classifier the previous weekend, so I knew where I was lacking.  Like last weekend, my first string was good (and .20s faster this time).  I was too deliberate on my second string before, so I made the mistake of trying to push this time, and pulled 3 Mikes.  No excuse.  I know better.  I didn’t see the dot on target for 3 of the first 4 shots, but I pulled the trigger anyway.

I’m not shooting a match this coming weekend, so I plan to work on my visualization and do a lot of match mode practice over the next 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:00:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d_striker] [#1]
-Ditch the par timer in dry fire.

-Looks and sounds like you're double tapping targets.

-Push transitions, not splits.  The aggregate of .20 splits and .20 transitions is faster than .15 splits and .25 transitions.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5R_milspec] [#2]
First video, @0:54. Drawing at that angle to near person and those down range just doesn't seem right
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 5R_milspec:
First video, @0:54. Drawing at that angle to near person and those down range just doesn't seem right
View Quote

Dose not look that close to the 180 but having said that I would not have been standing where that guy was I would have been back more.  Iv got a video that you can see a guy take a set back wheh he see me shoot from left to right across the range at maybe 165 to 170.  Safe but if your not expecting it.  It could jump out at you.

This video at about 0.10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top