Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 12:54:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tranquility]
I am hosting an IDPA match at a small indoor range. Many of the shooter's will be newer but I want it to be fun for everyone.

Here are a couple stages in had so far. I'm curious to hear what people think.Attachment Attached File

This one has a mandatory reload but it's the only one of the match.

Attachment Attached File

This one seems a bit short at three rounds but it's more about weapon handling than marksmanship. Should it have more targets?

Attachment Attached File

This one seems a bit corny but it forces sting hand and weak hand shooting and leaves the option to do a tactical reload or to come back behind cover to do an emergency reload. The only rule is you have to hold onto the "railing" (overturned table legs) when leaning out to shoot down the length of the "train."

I don't want people to have to stretch their imagination too much but I want to have neat stages. We only have a few props and limited space indoors.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#1]
When I used to run an IDPA match and also responsible for all the stages, I would use the NRA magazine for inspiration. They have stories in each issue where an everyday citizen would use his/her firearm to save their life or a family members. I would design the stages based on these real life situations where someone used a gun for protection.  I just had to use my imagination on how I thought the shootout went down. Since IDPA is all realism, I thought it fit the philosophy of the organization. Another good source is "American Handgunner'. The Ayoob files detail real life gun battles. Most of the American Handgunner issues are archived on FMG Publication's web page.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top