Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 12/17/2016 1:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gotigers]
I have shot a M&P pro 9 for 6 years in 3 gun and USPSA minor. I plan on staying with a striker fired gun in 3 gun, but I want to move to a 2011 style LTD in USPSA. I am looking at (in order of less to more expensvie) the Para Hi Cap, CZ 75 custom, local smith's 2011, STI Eagle, STI Edge.

Can someone give me pros and cons on them? like reliability, parts and accessories support, set up/tweaking costs, etc?

Update question: What about other choices like the RIA hi cap, RIA pro or the SPS Pantera?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Dawson Precisions CRP STI Edge. He generally has them for a good price with just about everything you need to run on it. Dave Dawson was one of the original designers of the Edge when he was at STI.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:49:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dogsplat] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Teamer:
Check out Dawson Precisions CRP STI Edge. He generally has them for a good price with just about everything you need to run on it. Dave Dawson was one of the original designers of the Edge when he was at STI.
View Quote

Just make sure when you order the Edge with a magwell and you order 3 addit'l mags with extended plates that you order another plate for mag that comes with the pistol.

Dumbasses

And for the love of God, OP, don't go Para.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

View Quote

This.  Get a 2011 of some flavor and be done with it.  Buy once, cry once.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#4]
What about SPS 2011?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
snip

View Quote

Why not para?

Does this include the para like RIA hi cap and pro?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 5:38:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SV650Squid] [#6]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

Why not para?

Does this include the para like RIA hi cap and pro?
View Quote

Yes.

Just get something 2011 based.  It's really cry once, buy once.

ETA, pending budget, I'd get an Edge/Eagle/Aperio, CK Arms, or Atlas Titan (in order of ascending cost)
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#7]
If this is for USPSA Limited only, a CZ Tac Sport or TS Orange is a hell of a limited gun for the money.
Otherwise I would go with an Edge.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two factory STIs one is an Edge that I bought used from the 2nd owner and he did not know what had been done to the gun. It is reliable will all ammo and crazy accurate. 

the other is an SIT DVC Limited it has been nothing but a problem, front sight falling out during a sectional, barrel link breaking under 5k rounds during an area match, ejector broken under 2k rounds, extractor worn out under 3k rounds. has been back to STI, but I finally sent it to Atlas gunworks and had them work their magic on it. it is finally right. 

based on my sample size of 2 I will not but another STI, but I am saving up for and Atlas Titan.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top