Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2016 10:11:54 AM EDT
I got my first USPSA match win a few weekends ago.

MPSA USPSA 11/19/16 (Match Win!) | Open Division | POV

MPSA USPSA 11/19/2016 (Match Win!) | Open Division | 3rd Person

I felt like I did a lot of things right, but I still need to speed up my transitions and stay low while shooting. I also need to work on consistency and make sure I stick with my stage plan when things go wrong.

Stage 1, for example: I almost dropped the gun thanks to a really bad draw and I hit the mag release with my weak hand while trying to adjust my grip. I recovered (eventually), but then I didn't quite stick to my stage plan. Luckily, it only cost me an additional second or two, but those kind of things have been bothering me lately.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations brother!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Modern-Musket:
Congratulations brother!!
View Quote

Thank you!  I won a few IDPA matches last year, but winning a USPSA match feels a whole lot better.  I've still got some work to do before I'll be able to win a bigger match, but I feel like I'm heading in the right direction.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome man! You've got some skills.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Very very nice!! I so hope to be there one day!
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Great job! Wish I was half your speed lol
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 11:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wtturn] [#7]
Good job. 

ETA:  you mentioned getting lower, which is something I noticed after watching your 3rd person vid.  Look at your stance in a static position.  See how close together your feet are? In one part, your feet were actually crossed.  Widen up your stance beyond shoulder length and bend at the knees more than the waist.  You'll find your transitions will improve due to a more stable "base" and you'll be in better position to explode out of position.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
NICE!! good job!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top